Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le Mans
The penalty zones of that track are beyond ridiculous. You get a penalty for completely regular off tracks pretty much anywhere on the track.
I'd say SRS should avoid using that track until this is fixed.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(01-16-2018, 11:41 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The penalty zones of that track are beyond ridiculous. You get a penalty for completely regular off tracks pretty much anywhere on the track.
I'd say SRS should avoid using that track until this is fixed.
Yeah I was already reporting some bugs here http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1617

I got there 30s slow down penalty, what never happened to me before on any track. And also, the video link there doesnt work anymore, but it just sucked me into pit limiter, while I was going to turn to last chicane, it didnt make any sense because I wasnt even wide through there and the pitlane entry was still far away from there. Le Mans is a great track itself, with awesome races, but the penalty zones are just too bad in there
NEVER GIVE UP!
I too had a race ruined there by ridiculous penalties, I won't be racing there again.
Just for the record, I haven’t had a ruined race there yet, so I'm completely unbiased ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
If you get off track on start (for example if there's an incident and someone bumps you), you'll get a slowdown penalty. Then if you rush across the finish line, you'll be disqualified. Happened to me once.
In a race against the AI I avoided a crash by going onto the grass right after the start. Of course I got a penalty.

I didn’t cross the finish line yet and was disqualified when I did. Haha. Shortest race ever.
Sadly allot of the slowdown penaltys are like that. For example someone in front makes a mistake, you avoid the collision by going wide and end up with a 10 second slowdown penalty. Great...
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
Yeah there is not really some calculator inside the game which would calculate with the delta, if you lost the time or if you gained the time. Most of the time you lose, and you still end up with the penalty
NEVER GIVE UP!