Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean win and lost rating, what gives?
One thing I would say to the critics of how everything works: this is a free service that is organized by obviously a small number of people (possibly a single person?) so it's kind of hard for me to not cringe when I see posts just saying "ugh, this is just stupid." Try for a more constructive tone and they might actually read passed the first line of your gripes. Smile

With that said, there seems like there are half a dozen threads about this topic. How splits are organized is clearly unintuitive. I think if you were to ask anyone outside of forum readers that have read this and other threads on the topic how splits are decided you would get nothing but incorrect answers on the subject. Everyone assumes it is all about SR.

Part of the reason it is unintuitive is that there is currently NOTHING that requires drivers to be at a particular skill rating. And the last time I saw SR requirements, it was like 100 and 300, which is basically finishing like 5 races without dive bombing T1. So obviously that arbitrary number must be used for something... it must be about what split you are in!

And then when you see the numbers it becomes clear that... nothing is clear?

I'm personally not invested at all in SR nor championship points. I'm only here because it's a really easy way to find consistent races in a sim I enjoy. But clearly those that are invested in these various point values are not thrilled with how it seems to work. Possibly time for re-evaluation?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(01-15-2018, 04:23 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Try for a more constructive tone and they might actually read passed the first line of your gripes. Smile
Yeah and then the admin will say "It's supposed to be like this, everything is good" Rolleyes

I think it's clear that this is not working as it was intended. I agree that losing rating after winning a race should never happen. You are put in a position by the system in which you have nothing to gain, you can't do more than win the race and yet you lose Huh

Also the example from Marek. When you can "cheat" the system just by doing one race with 5 more people at who knows what time of the day and then you are ahead of people who only race full servers... Well, I don't think it should work like that.

Rating may be not so important for some people, but it is important that the system works and makes sense. It is important because otherwise the system will not gain enough users, or even it'll lose some of them.
Russel, I am also not fully interested in rating points or other standings, I just like to have a nice race with clean battles and with similar skilled people. And with all respect to others, that´s just not gonna happen for me in 90% of the time in lower splits than split 1. And I am not really interested in driving alone and having a boring race, or getting crashed from in T1 from the back by newcomers etc., that´s why I am having a little break this season from racing in all the series. I just race the Lotus, because that is the only one I managed to race during week 1 of the season and I am able to be in split 1. It´s just weird, that after all the wins and all the results here I would have to race in lower splits, just because some people with lower rating did a race in the series before - it doesnt mean that I am unexperienced with the car in the series
NEVER GIVE UP!
I really, REALLY hate to mention iRacing at this forums, but I felt like I need to, because it is the same in there. A paid service that people with higher egos claim is the best. I was there 3 years, believe me, it's the same thing. Safety ratings and iRating doesn't work as it's supposed to. Once you change cars, it's almost like changing everything, like driving Oval and changing to Road. They try to separate things but essentially, if a driver is a safe driver, he is a safe driver regarding tracks or cars or license. Most of the regulars just learned to ignore the flaws and flaunt the good. That's why I am here, because it's the same experience as far as I am concerned. You just have to trust everyone, or be safe and consider everyone as dangerous as well, depends on you, which doesn't change a thing. It's just the nature of racing. A noob can be lucky and win an incident free race, and a very good driver can make a bad luck mistake that may take out the whole field. Again, it's just the nature of racing. Regarding the topic in here, you just can't find a perfect system that will satisfy every single user. No it doesn't exist, not even in real life racing. IMO, there is nothing to evaluate, it's just what it is. That's why I tend to stay at one single time slot, so I meet the same people everytime and develop trust and know who is good, who is new, who is bad, and who's reckless...
The current system enables new people to race with the good people pretty fast (when they’re good enough) without the need to climb up the rating ladder for weeks or even months, which makes it easier for new people. And that should be a priority in a small service like this, IMHO.

Complaining about having to attend one race in a lower split to be able to race with the better people for the rest of the season really is a special snowflake thing, sorry Marek.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(01-15-2018, 03:53 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The current system enables new people to race with the good people pretty fast (when they’re good enough) without the need to climb up the rating ladder for weeks or even months, which makes it easier for new people. And that should be a priority in a small service like this, IMHO.

Complaining about having to attend one race in a lower split to be able to race with the better people for the rest of the season really is a special snowflake thing, sorry Marek.

I mean, I dont care, its not my system, there are some races at least to race with people here, its not gonna change probably, but I dont think its right that if I can race the first race of the series on the last day of the first week (sunday), I will be put to 2nd split because all the other drivers could race before and even a guy with less than 100 rating can be put in front of a guy with 800+ rating. That doesnt make sense to me and the whole principle of "racing with similar skilled drivers" is then lost there, if you cant race in the beginning of the series or if you cant race the whole season. So, sorry Simon, but thats just my opinion too. Thats why I was suggesting before (also with few other people) to have at least 2 series with no championship standings, just with rating points and incidents etc., for the rookies and for the people who would like to participate in races like these only. Or then, some amount of the rating to be needed for the other series, like youtube series (20GMT) and 1hr long races, like 200 rating, so people there will already have some practice
NEVER GIVE UP!
Good morning guys

whats about the rating if i selected a Race and no one will come too?

Is it allowed to drop out when you "re alone ?

When i canceled the race because i"m alone could i be banned for 2 days , like the rules say?

Or have i stay in and had to race 50% of the length and then maybe get out without loosing points?
-------------------www.zoiscomic.de----------------------
Only races with at least 6 participants count, so yes, just don't attend that race and everything's fine.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(02-09-2018, 11:40 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Only races with at least 6 participants count, so yes, just don't attend that race and everything's fine.

Ummm..no it's not fine...I was in a race with 2 drivers and decided not to race at all.....next day had DNF and points deduction from ranking...I think you must do at least 2 laps,,,not sure.
1 complete lap is enough to not have the DNF