Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean win and lost rating, what gives?
Just did the MX-5 cup race at Road America. I was a 610 rating before the race, I got 2nd room split somehow (must have been a lot of high rated people registered?) There were 60 people total registered but I somehow got put in the bottom of 2 rooms that were created, I have no idea how a 3rd room wasn't also created. I qualified 2nd, got the lead on the first lap and had zero incidents. Now I'm a 609 rating. My incident rating dropped as it should have, so HOW does a clean win equate to lost rating? 

Pretty stupid algorithm honestly, getting punished for a clean race win.
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist
The rating also includes your performance in each series, this was your FIRST race in the MX5, so it´s normal that you were placed in the lowest split.

You won this race, but it was in the 3rd split, so you only gained 58 points (if it was in the 2nd, 80, in the first 102), that is why its dropped.

In the next race you surely will be in the higher splits.

See the regulations
http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
I thought the whole point of the rating system was to pair you with like skilled drivers, so that the more you race you don't get put in the lower splits?

This was my first MX-5 race because I don't normally have time in that time slot. First race in that series or not, a flipping 600+ rating should NOT put you in the lowest frigging room. That's just stupid.
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist
Losing rating after winning a race should never happen in my opinion. It would be ok to win less points on server 2 than in server 1, but beeing punished just by participate... don't think it will help to fill the servers at all.

I also think that the current algorithm to make the splits gives too much importance to points in the championship rather than global rating. It's ok to take both ratings into account but if you miss the first race of a championship you will be on server 2 or 3 on the next race for sure.
Thats why the splits should be decided by global rating, not by previous results from series.. like this, I am racing this season only in 1 series, because I was away during the first week and if I would join the other series now, I would go to lower splits and even if I would win, my rating would go down. Also, if it would be sorted by rating and not by previous results, same skilled drivers would race togheter...

Like this, someone can join a race when there are only 6 people, he can get a decent result and then some higher rating driver will join for his first race in the evening when there are 40+ people signed up, and he will go under guys like that
NEVER GIVE UP!
As far as ratings are concerned, I only view it as a "more or less" kinda thing. Something that puts you in the ballpark of your own league. Of course, like any other system in Sim Racing, it is not perfect. Some rules can have negative effect and skew the results, but nonetheless, it still works as it should. I'm sticking to what I've learned in the past, and just ignore it. Race your race and your numbers will take you where you belong.
Rating is not so important. It's important to have a good time, a clean race Smile
(01-14-2018, 10:37 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  As far as ratings are concerned, I only view it as a "more or less" kinda thing. Something that puts you in the ballpark of your own league.  Of course, like any other system in Sim Racing, it is not perfect. Some rules can have negative effect and skew the results, but nonetheless, it still works as it should. I'm sticking to what I've learned in the past, and just ignore it. Race your race and your numbers will take you where you belong.

Not all of this is truth. I saw a guy who did his first race on SRS this season, probably in race with small amount of people, what meant he ended up with a good result in top 10. Later the same day, 50-60 people were joined for the race in the same series. This guy was put to split 1 because he already had a decent result in the series, he had rating around 50, and there were guys with 600 and 700 rating stuck behind him. And many more with bigger rating than him. Guys who made a lot more races, and he did only one before, but he already had a good result so he was in split 1. Not saying that he was a bad driver, didnt see him race, but there is a big possibility of unexperienced driver in racing with others. He just wasnt there where he belonged.
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-14-2018, 08:41 PM)Barrett Rolph Wrote:  I thought the whole point of the rating system was to pair you with like skilled drivers, so that the more you race you don't get put in the lower splits?

This was my first MX-5 race because I don't normally have time in that time slot. First race in that series or not, a flipping 600+ rating should NOT put you in the lowest frigging room. That's just stupid.
wait till you Get a DNF for some server glitch, you will lose even more points...I wouldn't even worry about 1 point with a win under my belt.....a win is a win !!!
like I said, any system in Sim Racing has flaws... quote me on that, it's okay. 'coz I said Sim Racing in general, not just here in SRS. The splits do skew a lot of results like loss rating even if not necessasry, or technical noobs racing with old timers. 

Thats why I do tend to just ignore them during those times. When you have no choice, and even the admins themselves can't do anything about.

In the end, you still get your deserved rating, and of course in the realm "more or less" that is. And yes, a win is a win, it's a great feeling and reassurance that you're "on your game". And 1 less point doesn't make anyone a lesser man than he was before. It just happens, like in real life. SHIT HAPPENS.  Big Grin