Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MX5 race 1900 today
(01-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Fran Tenreiro Wrote:  If you are on a server, the amount of cars is not important because your CPU didn't have to calculate anything related to those cars. Another thing is when you race offline.

The opposite is true. The opponents physics calculations are sent to your CPU so they can be displayed on your screen. The server does very little work other than pass through the information.  More opponents on track = more CPU usuage.
Physics calculations are done by the server who is hosting the race, not by your PC
(01-13-2018, 04:34 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  I disagree with that. I've had this warning several times in online races and it disappeared as the race progressed and people dropped out, so I believe there is some CPU relation to the number of cars.

This is exactly what is happening. 

I have tested with different settings and then used AI cars to simulate the race occupancy,   I have now got some decent quality settings and can still run with 24 cars without affecting my CPU usage.

I've not tested it in the SRS race yet but should be ok.   Like I said, It only happens in server 1 as there are 4 more vehicles to be populated.

Thanks for the help everyone
(01-13-2018, 04:34 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  I disagree with that. I've had this warning several times in online races and it disappeared as the race progressed and people dropped out, so I believe there is some CPU relation to the number of cars.

That's very strange Javi. Your GPU and CPU occupation should not have relation to the number of people inside the server.
If it was me, I'll try to lower some graphical settings. That should help
Fred, I've been hosting Assetto Corsa servers since early access. I can assure you the number of cars on track DOES effect your CPU as the physics of all cars on track are calculated on it, not the server.

Other titles such as Race 07, fF2, iRacing etc utilise the server for calculating physics and just broadcast the position of the car to your computer, therefore more powerful servers are required to host.

You could literally host an Assetto Corsa server on your phone.
(01-13-2018, 09:41 PM)Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Fred, I've been hosting Assetto Corsa servers since early access. I can assure you the number of cars on track DOES effect your CPU as the physics of all cars on track are calculated on it, not the server.

Other titles such as Race 07, fF2, iRacing etc utilise the server for calculating physics and just broadcast the position of the car to your computer, therefore more powerful servers are required to host.

You could literally host an Assetto Corsa server on your phone.

I didn't know that I thought it works like other sims. In my case, I only saw this warning running offline
I knew from the start it was a population issue as it only happened in server 1, (24 cars as opposed top 20 in the lower servers)

Hoefully I have sorted it short term till I get a better CPU

Thanks for the advice guys
Don't be too hasty in replacing your CPU, it's more of a GPU issue.
Try the same car/track combo offline with a full grid of AI, and start the race from the back of the pack. This should replicate the issue. Then turn down your graphics settings one by one starting with reflections, this is a major one. Anisotropic and anti aliasing are also big frame rate killers and shadows too.
What graphics card are you using?
(01-14-2018, 09:13 AM)Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Don't be too hasty in replacing your CPU, it's more of a GPU issue.
Try the same car/track combo offline with a full grid of AI, and start the race from the back of the pack. This should replicate the issue. Then turn down your graphics settings one by one starting with reflections, this is a major one. Anisotropic and anti aliasing are also big frame rate killers and shadows too.

This is exactly what I have been doing. I am now at a point with my settings that it doesn't happen with 24 cars but does happen with 25. 

Although it would still suggest I need to upgrade something.  I'm running a 1050ti
(01-14-2018, 09:29 AM)James Bell Wrote:  
(01-14-2018, 09:13 AM)Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Don't be too hasty in replacing your CPU, it's more of a GPU issue.

This is exactly what I have been doing. I am now at a point with my settings that it doesn't happen with 24 cars but does happen with 25. 

Although it would still suggest I need to upgrade something.  I'm running a 1050ti

I would certainly replace the graphics card before the CPU. Your CPU is not the problem right now.
It very much depends on your budget but to give you an idea, here is a comparison website to see where your card perfroms against other cards on the market.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvi...3646vs3649

If you want to future proof your PC then go for the GTX1070 upwards but they can be costly.

To put things into perspective, I'm using a GTX1080SC and when in VR I need to turn the ingame graphics down quite low to hit the necessary 90fps (for VR) although I do use super sampling to get a better image which is quite taxing on the GPU.