Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nordschleife is missing
I don't have an opinion on GT3s but anything that introduces more diversity in the tracks we race on is welcome.
I'd like to actually race GT3s at some point without the 1 hour long races, if I might be the voice of minority for a moment.

I like driving most cars in general, including these, but I don't really find 1 hour races that fun. I know there are lots of reasons to have longer races, but in my experience the only time it is really entertaining is if there is a very small difference between most of the grid's talent level. The longer the race, the more the guy in front of you is going to pull away, and the more the guy behind you is going to be left behind. After about 10 laps it feels like I'm back to hotlapping practice. And the fact that I read a number of forum posts here saying that the whole "pit stop strategy" is pretty much "go the whole race on your first set of tires and put 1l of fuel in it whenever the window opens" as the end-all strategy just makes me wonder why it is even bothered with from a design standpoint. Is the goal to test our ability to avoid pit lane penalties the best?

Anyway, in regards to the original topic of this thread: Nord is just another factor in separating drivers of different skill levels even faster than makes sense. The longer the lap times, the bigger the gaps. And again, if there's more than a few car lengths between you and the guy in front/behind, the race turns into hotlapping. So many venues for this already, as has been stated in the thread (there's probably a 24/7 Nord track with 5+ people on it right this second... not that you'd ever see any of them on the track! Big Grin)
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz