Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MX-5 with autoclutch is for boys...
Tongue 
...with proper simulated manual clutch is for men. Wink
Have you ever thought of a MX-5 serie without the allowed autoclutch? (yes I'm struggling with heel & toe in the actual series, you know, I'm pretending to be a man Big Grin )
[img]https://steamsignature.com/card/0/76561197972645414.png[/img]
Would be a great way to drop participation by a large percentage, I would imagine. I don't have a clutch anymore, and don't plan on buying one again. The range of talent in SRS is already very wide, so I don't think adding the additional complexity of requiring accurate clutch use would do anyone any favors. It might be fun for the folks that have the gear and the talent to do so, and they are more than welcome to turn auto clutch off for the challenge.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
If I drive a manual car, of course I use the clutch. Like in real life, you can't drive a MX-5 without it.
I don't have any help activated so, every time I drive a manual car I must use the clutch and the h pattern gearbox
I would love to use a clutch and an H box when shifting, however I just don't have one on my setup yet. This would stop me participating. 
Alsoso when starting out it think it is very useful to have one less pedal to concentrate on.
I think it would stop people participating if the use of manual clutches was enforced.
Auto clutch and auto blip is slower anyways, so if people want to use it, they should.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(01-08-2018, 11:53 AM)Alessandro Andreis Wrote:  ...with proper simulated manual clutch is for men. Wink
Have you ever thought of a MX-5 serie without the allowed autoclutch? (yes I'm struggling with heel & toe in the actual series, you know, I'm pretending to be a man Big Grin )

I think auto BLIP is what you are referring to simulating heel/toe, some drivers don't have a clutch to use so that would produce less drivers. auto clutch isn't considered a racing aid as much as auto blip is.....auto blip helps keep those RPM's high, otherwise it will snatch the rear end when it catches if you downshift too early, especially in the mx-5.
i guess according to OP ppl without a clutch pedal or a H shifter aren't real men then and shouldn't be allowed to race

great idea if you want a dead or low participant series
Thus the great problem with all online sim racing platforms. The line between driving aids & arcade cheats is very thin.

Sadly, the driver ratings don't take any enabled aids into account, so who knows if the top or "fastest" guys are making use of every last advantage they can get. I will tell you this though, assuming everyone else has the same self-disciple to emulate the true-to-life driving techniques needed to pilot the real thing is a huge mistake.

At the end of the day, I want to race against other consistent people. If allowing aids helps them be more consistent, good. If it also means larger grids on average, good.
My grandma uses autoclutch and autoblip
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
(01-09-2018, 04:35 PM)Andrew Willis Wrote:  Thus the great problem with all online sim racing platforms.  The line between driving aids & arcade cheats is very thin.  

Sadly, the driver ratings don't take any enabled aids into account, so who knows if the top or "fastest" guys are making use of every last advantage they can get.  I will tell you this though, assuming everyone else has the same self-disciple to emulate the true-to-life driving techniques needed to pilot the real thing is a huge mistake.

At the end of the day, I want to race against other consistent people.  If allowing aids helps them be more consistent, good.  If it also means larger grids on average, good.

Hi, as probably a pretty decent driver in the MX5 i can tell you that there´s no driving aid that makes you faster. Neither autoblip, autoclutch or whatever arcade options like stability control or something like that.

The fastest way is:

h-pattern shifter, manual clutch.

but not enough, proper heal&toe technique is also required to get that lovely car around the track fast.

Trust me, if your using paddles and autoclutch, you´ve got a disadvantage, for example : Longer shift times, no rear-axle control while downshifting etc. etc.

Greetings, Matthias