Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ping question
Hey there,

I joined recently and I was wondering, what will the ping be for me for the servers. 
Are all servers located in NA or not?
Don't want to register for a race and have to forfeit due to ping.

Thank you
The servers are located in Europe.
The events are named for the locale of their usual time slot fitting a certain time zone (i.e. Europe, US, Asia, Oceana, …), not the actual server location.

Your ping times and their impact on online drivability depend heavily on which simulator you are using (Assetto Corsa for example runs usually very well even with what are considered to be high ping times in the low 200) and your internet connection setup.

The best way to find out is actually getting on a server and seeing for yourself.
Should you find out that it does not work well and you experience warping, stay back out of peoples way but try to finish at least 3 complete laps of the race before leaving the event in order to not get penalized in your rating.

In Assetto Corsa it is best to do so to NOT enter the grid, but start your race out of the pits and make sure you stay clear of other people not to ruin their race due to incidents caused by warping.

If you are based in the US, try to enter the US and Asia time zone events - these are usually full of people that are well compatible ping time wise with US based racers.
We have servers in Europe and in the USA.

There is a flag shown at the beginning of the series table, first row.
Oh, two different answers. I'll take the second one to be right since it has that green feel about it.

Thanks Dirk as well. Yeah, I'm well familiar with assetto corsa and I'll follow your suggestions.

Thanks
I'm in central US and I regularly compete on the EU servers and, as far as I know, my 130-190 ping times (yet stable connection) pose no problems to other drivers. This is in Assetto Corsa, by the way.

I have seen (even this morning) drivers that are also in Europe according to their flags have horribly warping connections to EU servers. You can tell these folks usually by the fact that their Driver Name is red on screen. Questionable connections show up as yellow. So one thing you could do is just ask folks on the server what color your name is?

Tangentially, I'm curious what other cars look like to people with garbage connections... do they see EVERYONE warping around? Do they see everyone as yellow and red? I would certainly like to know if I'm a danger to others due to connection issues.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
You can do that by looking at the table when you're in pits. It shows your ping with yellow or red. Also in the top right corner. That's how other players should see you.

About how those with bad connection see the rest - usually everyone is warping. So when you see that, it most likely is you.

I still find servers from the EU that are at 100-120. I actually joined this forum just because this was the only server in that list showing as 54 ping.
I have raced twice so far and it's been quite weird.

I started the session with a 54 ping and then it jumped to something like 300/400 then back to 200 or 300.

I'm sure my net didn't go bad suddenly in the middle of the race and I'm not sure what might be causing this.
A 3rd one I had a stable ping of about 100 - the server was in Europe unlike first two races.