Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes.
(02-01-2018, 04:30 PM)Peter Orban Wrote:  
(02-01-2018, 12:16 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(01-31-2018, 08:56 PM)Peter Orban Wrote:  
(01-25-2018, 07:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I have checked your account for errors, sometimes fixes some glitches but you should delete your launcherdata folder at mydocs/assetto corsa.

You must be using an unusual resolution. You can adjust the size of the iframe at

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\srs\srs.html
search for width="  and reduce it.

Administrator,

Thanks for the checkup and reply!

You're on to something but only half way...

-------------SNIP----------

...Here's a video of it in action.
https://tinyurl.com/SRS-Race

Thx.
Pete

Peter, just click on the RACE button at top not RACES, if you want to view the stats and race results just go to the website by clicking the SRS logo at the top and your default browser will pop up...just use the app to RACE and see what happens....The RACE button with the DOWN arrow is a dropdown box with another "RACE" inside the dropdown...click it to register or refresh. I never use the app to view standings or results, just to RACE.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the input, that's exactly what I've been doing, but the in-game site is a convenient way to see how many laps they did the previous race. That way I can calculate the amount of fuel I will need for my session. Anyway, I  hope this gets sorted out since, as I mentioned, it worked fine a few AC versions ago.

Just for the record, the same thing happens on my wife's PC. They are identical, Gigabyte MB, Intel Q9650, GTX650Ti/750Ti
4GB Ram, SSDs, and Windows 7-64.

Pete

the ONLY way it's going to get sorted out is on your end i'm sure.....has to be a resolution issue of some sort or maybe ignore DPI..Windows display scaling settings in OPTIONS/GENERAL in game.
[quote pid='8919' dateline='1517508975']the ONLY way it's going to get sorted out is on your end i'm sure.....has to be a resolution issue of some sort or maybe ignore DPI..Windows display scaling settings in OPTIONS/GENERAL in game.[/quote]

No, my friend, this has to be sorted out on the developers end. I will sum things up briefly.

1. It worked fine before AC 1.16. Nothing changed on PC.
2. Changing the monitor, DPI, Resolution, driver, scaling, etc etc. does nothing.
3. EVERY other button works fine except for the most important yellow Race button.
4. The same exact thing occurs on my wifes PC. Explain that.

This is an AC/SRS bug that needs to be solved by someone other than the end user.

I am tired of AltTab-ing out to my browser to see what I need to know. I have missed
more than one race because of this.

Thank you.
I'm with Mr. Butler here, Peter. I think if this was a problem with the software we'd be hearing about your problem on these forums way more. There are hundreds of us racing every single day without your issues showing up.

Issue #4: How did you install AC and SRS app on your wife's PC? From scratch? Copied files over the network from your PC after installing Steam? The latter is usually how I transfer my Steam library from an old PC to a new PC since it is the fastest... but if there is a problem on one end, it'll show up on the other. That's the only thing I can think of there.

Or perhaps you both have the same Web Browser plugins installed? I think the in game SRS app uses some sort of IE wrapper, so if you use IE normally and have something strange installed, that might be causing it? That's all I got.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-03-2018, 01:55 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'm with Mr. Butler here, Peter. I think if this was a problem with the software we'd be hearing about your problem on these forums way more. There are hundreds of us racing every single day without your issues showing up.

Issue #4: How did you install AC and SRS app on your wife's PC? From scratch? Copied files over the network from your PC after installing Steam? The latter is usually how I transfer my Steam library from an old PC to a new PC since it is the fastest... but if there is a problem on one end, it'll show up on the other. That's the only thing I can think of there.

Or perhaps you both have the same Web Browser plugins installed? I think the in game SRS app uses some sort of IE wrapper, so if you use IE normally and have something strange installed, that might be causing it? That's all I got.

Hi Russell,

Thanks for for the input.

AC was purchased and installed via separate Steam accounts on both machines. Nothing copied.
SRS and all other plugins were installed separately on both machines.

I am not the everyday user. I've been a Sys Admin for close to 20 years now.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. I do not use IE for anything except to download Firefox Smile

For the record, we have W764 with full updates and Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.18921

REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING SINCE AC v1.16!!!
It was all Ok before that!!!
I have this ideas (I also have more than 20 years as sysadmin):

In Assetto Corsa settings there is something called like "Ignore Windows DPI info" or similar.
Have you tried to change that?
Using the launcher in window mode (F11) doesn't work neither?
What about change the option "Launcher width limit"?.
It also could be some font problem, some AC apps adds/modify AC fonts..
Perthaps a system font problem?
As last hope I would try to reset IE settings to default and/or rename user documents folder called "Assetto Corsa"

I hope anyone of this thinks solves your problem. Greetings.
David
No offense meant at all. Quite a few sim nerds are also professional nerds (yours truly included). Just trying to narrow stuff down. This was posted moments ago:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...0#pid10650

Looks identical to what you are getting, except Marcos is seeing it when he tries to REGISTER.

Have either of you tried to use Content Manager? The creator just recently rewrote the SRS integration and I'm wondering if using that interface instead of the one directly inside AC would be helpful at all? If only to further isolate the issue.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-03-2018, 06:49 PM)David Ferreira Wrote:  In Assetto Corsa settings there is something called like "Ignore Windows DPI info" or similar.
Have you tried to change that?

Hi Dave,
Thanks, but I mentioned above that DPI thing. It don't do nothin'
Tried F11, no go. F5, nothing.
Launcher width limit, nope.

I will look into the fonts, but then why do the other buttons work fine?
Baffling...

P.
Hey guys, yes i'm having the same issue when i click "Register". This start to happen at Asseto v1.16...I reinstalled the game and fix, but is happening again...
Hey guys, Marcos Riffel is having the same issue when he clicks "Register"! Ever since AC v1.16!

Will this be fixed any time soon?

Thanks!

Ok SRS, this is getting real bad! Now when I click Register for a race the screen disappears here also. WTF? Angry Angry Angry
https://tinyurl.com/SRSRegister

W7 64
IE 11
And no, I will NOT be "upgrading" to W10