Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNIFIED SERIES
Currently, the GT3 series are divided in three groups by hemisphere, I suppose. It was the same in the GT2 series last season. What I am thinking is make it one giant pool of drivers in a single series. Having 3 championships do, and also don't make sense depending how you look at it. It has it's pros and cons, but I think it's better to see where you rank in the whole world rather than just your own location. Then just make the results or championship standing viewable by hemisphere, not doing 3 different series entirely. You can still single out 3 different champions by location if you like even with one giant series you know.

I just came to this idea now, since it's weekend and I have time to drive, but the running series at this time is not the series I run, although it's the same car/s it's in a different track. So I need to practise another different track just for a day or two of racing. Could have been a fun weekend of multiple races, if it was like what I am thinking. I also think it would be easier to schedule, just make a series run multiple times a day. What you think guys?

Agree? Disagree? Shut me down, it's okay... I'm open minded. I just wanna hear reasons that makes sense.

Cheers!
I think its not bad to have series splitted like that. Its also like that in some series in reality.

Another thing is, that Asian and maybe American (never drove this one so I´m not sure) series too have got the vanilla things in them, default cars and default tracks (or ones which you can download for free), so its not needed to buy any DLCs, about what were people complaining before
NEVER GIVE UP!
As an American driver that frequently races on EU servers with a 150 ping or so without any issues, mostly I race based on time of day, not server location. I am mostly stuck doing the Youtube hosted NA races (Simpit, Sim Racing Paddock, Sim Enthusiast), a morning ritual of an 8AM Ginetta Supercup before work, and then whatever fills up on the weekends.

I can't say my opinion counts much in this particular case since I have no interest in 1 hour races in GT cars, but I think if they were races I'd be interested in, I don't think it makes much sense to essentially take the same set of cars and split them up onto different servers (and slightly different circuits). In looking at the most recent server 1 race for the GT Asia, I don't think I see a single Asian flag in the list of participants. Maybe closest would be an Aussie flag? I used to know every country flag in the world, but that was when I was in my teens, so I might be missing one. But most of those are EU with the occasional South American or African flag thrown in just for good measure. Basically I'm saying you could just do GT World as Neil is suggesting and spread the times (and the servers, if you like) based on timeslot.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Okay, my flag is the Taiwan flag only because I registered in all my current racing accounts while being based here. Say yes if I am Taiwanese, doesn't matter. I race the GT3 America series which is about 12 hours away from me while having ping of 180 give or take. It's not entirely accurate, I mean the title of the series. One giant pool just to see your ranking worldwide and easier to jump around time slots especially on weekends and holidays for non stop racing on those lucky days...

I also raced the Racing paddock race once just because I know the car and track, but was quite a mess due to 15 mins practise and race on the spot.

I was also one of those who tried to complain about using DLCs, and my mind was instantly changed just 30 mins after making a post. That's in another forum though.. I made it to SRS loving all the DLCs and mods... Believe me, Marek... Hating DLCs are for new AC drivers not wanting to buy a few more stuff, that will end up more than worth it in the end. They just don't know it yet. I payed in full, no discounts whatsoever for 3 years in iRacing... What am I complaining for a few more DLCs? LOL
Yeah I know, I was just saying, I also bought everything for AC as we need to support the developers
NEVER GIVE UP!