Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Awesome
I've just have my first race using SRS in Asetto Corsa today and it was a great race, 90`s DTM at Silverstone, a really clean race, without all those ramming idiots that you always see in online races, it was like racing in Iracing but with Assetto Corsa. 
Thanks SRS, this is what AC and others simulators needed.
(05-07-2016, 10:39 PM)Martin Pereira Wrote:  I've just have my first race using SRS in Asetto Corsa today and it was a great race, 90`s DTM at Silverstone, a really clean race, without all those ramming idiots that you always see in online races, it was like racing in Iracing but with Assetto Corsa. 
Thanks SRS, this is what AC and others simulators needed.

I agree this is a game changer and hope it turns into something BIG !! Great job
Glad you guys are enjoying it henrique was puted a lot of time to make this possible , really nice you guys like it Smile
I am more an offline sim racer, at least I was until last week when I started SRS with AC. This is the best online action I ever had. Easy to take part, good, fair and clean racing, a score board to keep track of the progress. This is a game changer for me. Thank you.
(05-10-2016, 02:58 AM)Thierry Barbeau Wrote:  I am more an offline sim racer, at least I was until last week when I started SRS with AC. This is the best online action I ever had. Easy to take part, good, fair and clean racing, a score board to keep track of the progress. This is a game changer for me. Thank you.
heh almost sounds like an advertisement xD

but its sweet that it also attracts offline racers! The more, the better, right? ;P

Awesome that you decided to participate online, I hope that you will keep having good experiences Smile

I love when a full 24 player race starts smoothly the whole first lap around and after 2-3 laps you start seeing the whole grid slowly expanding.
Everyone trying to catch the guy in front of them. Not caring what their spot is, but is 100% concentrated on gaining that spot in front of them.

You slide out? No matter, respectfully re-enter race, where mostly everyone is forward seeing and makes room for you to enter back in race to proceed the race with the lower grid, who fights just as eagerly good as the front grid without making contacts. (I might even say they are more caring at times)

Ahhh what do I also love? That when you are behind 2 racers cause you slided out a bit and lost them, then trying you're absolute best to re-capture those racers, can be quite stressful when all 3 is almost equally fast.
Then it happens, the guy you were trying to catch got the other guy in front and starts battling for position, so here's our chance to catch up to them! Cool

Its so great when you catch a 2 man battle and start up a 3 man battle, in that moment, it really shows all about who is a experienced caring "aware" racer and who's not, no matter how fast you are, this is where usually fast racers begin to fail and starts making unfair racing mistakes, because they dont have the entire sense of how real racing should be done, they are simply just fast drivers, but being fast does Not mean you're a good racer.

AWARENESS is maybe, if not the most important skill and some people pure out just miss it, even if they make record breaking fast times. Speed blinds them and makes them ignorant in thinking a slow racer have no business battling them since they are faster and he is slower. That is most incorrect!

If a slow driver catches a fast driver under a race, he has all the business in the world to battle that guy. Its up to the fast driver to get away from him without doing unfair driving.
No matter who you battle, you shall always be respectful against that slow driver behind you who caught up, even if he takes your spot, and defends it like hell by holding the inside line, slowing you even more down. He is fully allowed to do that and it only makes racing so much more enjoyable Big Grin (The whole grid catches up)

Well, I guess I said too much... Blush
Skill is when Luck becomes Usual! Play Serious, but Fair and have Fun! Angel
Increase my city Transport! http://rawexity.myminicity.com/tra
(05-10-2016, 10:42 AM)Germain Donne Wrote:  
(05-10-2016, 02:58 AM)Thierry Barbeau Wrote:  I am more an offline sim racer, at least I was until last week when I started SRS with AC. This is the best online action I ever had. Easy to take part, good, fair and clean racing, a score board to keep track of the progress. This is a game changer for me. Thank you.
heh almost sounds like an advertisement xD

but its sweet that it also attracts offline racers! The more, the better, right? ;P

Awesome that you decided to participate online, I hope that you will keep having good experiences Smile

I love when a full 24 player race starts smoothly the whole first lap around and after 2-3 laps you start seeing the whole grid slowly expanding.
Everyone trying to catch the guy in front of them. Not caring what their spot is, but is 100% concentrated on gaining that spot in front of them.

You slide out? No matter, respectfully re-enter race, where mostly everyone is forward seeing and makes room for you to enter back in race to proceed the race with the lower grid, who fights just as eagerly good as the front grid without making contacts. (I might even say they are more caring at times)

Ahhh what do I also love? That when you are behind 2 racers cause you slided out a bit and lost them, then trying you're absolute best to re-capture those racers, can be quite stressful when all 3 is almost equally fast.
Then it happens, the guy you were trying to catch got the other guy in front and starts battling for position, so here's our chance to catch up to them! Cool

Its so great when you catch a 2 man battle and start up a 3 man battle, in that moment, it really shows all about who is a experienced caring "aware" racer and who's not, no matter how fast you are, this is where usually fast racers begin to fail and starts making unfair racing mistakes, because they dont have the entire sense of how real racing should be done, they are simply just fast drivers, but being fast does Not mean you're a good racer.

AWARENESS is maybe, if not the most important skill and some people pure out just miss it, even if they make record breaking fast times. Speed blinds them and makes them ignorant in thinking a slow racer have no business battling them since they are faster and he is slower. That is most incorrect!

If a slow driver catches a fast driver under a race, he has all the business in the world to battle that guy. Its up to the fast driver to get away from him without doing unfair driving.
No matter who you battle, you shall always be respectful against that slow driver behind you who caught up, even if he takes your spot, and defends it like hell by holding the inside line, slowing you even more down. He is fully allowed to do that and it only makes racing so much more enjoyable Big Grin (The whole grid catches up)

Well, I guess I said too much... Blush

Well said  Smile
(05-10-2016, 10:42 AM)Germain Donne Wrote:  ...
Its so great when you catch a 2 man battle and start up a 3 man battle, in that moment, it really shows all about who is a experienced caring "aware" racer and who's not, no matter how fast you are, this is where usually fast racers begin to fail and starts making unfair racing mistakes, because they dont have the entire sense of how real racing should be done, they are simply just fast drivers, but being fast does Not mean you're a good racer.

Agreed 100%

Take a look at this DTM race:

https://youtu.be/rJgRm38kEII?t=394

Onboard is the only way I can watch DTM... region locked. If you can, take a look at the TV replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jctvO4noTbs
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5GHz | ASUS Prime B350-Plus | 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX1070 8GB OC | Triple DELL 22" 1920x1080 | SimHub on 2nd DELL 15" monitor | Win10 Pro | Microsoft Xbox One Gamepad | Logitech G27+H shifter
I'm new to SRS, only discovered it today. This is mindblowing and something that's been in need for a long time for AC. There was raceme.io previously that failed to take off, with great-looking design but no proof of any functionality. Meanwhile this SimRacingSystem comes under the radar with an incredible functioning system. I have yet to explore the app or take part in any races yet, but I can see massive potential in this, this is huge. I can't wait to see it grow in terms of popularity and the functionality and improvement of design of it. I have concern for the ads present in the in-game app. I feel it's unnecessary at this point while still in early-phase development. Leave the ads for the website if you really have to. You have a lot of potential here with this program, with many potential points of revenue (donations, subscription services, premium benefit services) in the future once it takes off. This is great, well done, looking forward to taking part!
Most definitely a game changer. If you guys are part of any other forums make sure you're spreading the word about SRS so we can populate the races with as many as possible. The setup is easy enough but hopefully more trouble than any idiots who like to ram and ruin races online would like to go through.