Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What APPS do people use?
I really like Pitboard. It appears (for a configurable time) as you cross the line and tells you your lap time, position, lap and delta to car in front and behind. I turned off Sidekick after getting Pitboard to stop distracting myself throughout the race with useless data.

Helicorsa is essential to me. I want to start SRS on R3E and my only concern right now is lack of Helicorsa. Downloaded Crew Chief so I'll see how that goes.

Other than Pitboard and Helicorsa I have the chat thing bottom right and started using the relative thing bottom left for finding a good time to get back on track after some prick meat has spun me onto the grass. During practice I use the tyre app to get my PSI right too..
Could people please comment on their experience with FFBClip? I've been using from my day one with AC (having read and and watched nothing but praise), but now I am starting to have concerns. The app can change FFB strength during the race, and I am worried that this could harm my feel of the car more than an occasional clip could. Thoughts?
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Speaking of Helicorsa, the guy that made Car Radar has been working diligently to add in a few more options that make it arguably a full replacement for Helicorsa. He's got a few folks on the RaceDepartment forums beta testing the newest feature which draws warning cones towards cars that get close to you on the radar. One guy on the forum (a few posts further down) shows it in action. I think once he adds the ability to put in a background image I'm going to ditch Helicorsa completely.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ca...st-2703312
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-09-2018, 05:38 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Could people please comment on their experience with FFBClip? I've been using from my day one with AC (having read and and watched nothing but praise), but now I am starting to have concerns. The app can change FFB strength during the race, and I am worried that this could harm my feel of the car more than an occasional clip could. Thoughts?

Turn it from auto mode to manual. To be honest I started to doubt the clipping thing. I just leave it at 100% all the time rather than messing about with each new car and track combo. I never get any moments where I feel I don't have enough detail.

(03-09-2018, 06:06 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Speaking of Helicorsa, the guy that made Car Radar has been working diligently to add in a few more options that make it arguably a full replacement for Helicorsa. He's got a few folks on the RaceDepartment forums beta testing the newest feature which draws warning cones towards cars that get close to you on the radar. One guy on the forum (a few posts further down) shows it in action. I think once he adds the ability to put in a background image I'm going to ditch Helicorsa completely.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ca...st-2703312

That's rad! I've never looked at Car Radar before as I already had Helicorsa but it looks a lot better. Seeing actual position and angles of the cars near you. Might not have the weird false positive thing either.
(03-09-2018, 05:38 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Could people please comment on their experience with FFBClip? I've been using from my day one with AC (having read and and watched nothing but praise), but now I am starting to have concerns. The app can change FFB strength during the race, and I am worried that this could harm my feel of the car more than an occasional clip could. Thoughts?

I started using it in combination with wheel check & LUT generator and I believe the FFB improved. I like knowing clipping won't be a problem, altough I doubt I'd really notice it. I tried the auto mode at first, but that feels unrealistic to me.
The wheel check / LUT thing is definitely snake oil. Wheels that test perfectly linear in a static test will appear nonlinear in Wheelcheck. Then you are creating a LUT to compensate for an imaginary problem.

FFBClip is legit, but it's not a must. It just helps you to more easily find an FFB strength that gives you the strongest possible force without losing dynamic response. Clipping is not the end of the world though, so you can have a nice experience without it.

But definitely do not waste your time with Wheelcheck. LUT is fine if you do a static force vs. displacement test, but not many people have the equipment to do that.
corners_performence, itracker, Sidekick and pro tires
[b]SimRacing is Fun 4 Real Wink Cool [/b]