Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group C Question
Are the Group C cars supposed to be Sequential Gearboxes (bump shifter) or H-pattern cars. I ask because the in car animations on the 962 Short Tail show the driver "bump-shifting" but I thought it was supposed to be an H-pattern car.

I think it would be awesome to have the 1Hr races be Group C eventually. Longer tracks, races, and Group C cars with MANDATORY H-pattern would be neat (if that's what the car is supposed to have).
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool
(12-07-2017, 04:21 PM)Stan Donit Wrote:  Are the Group C cars supposed to be Sequential Gearboxes (bump shifter) or H-pattern cars. I ask because the in car animations on the 962 Short Tail show the driver "bump-shifting" but I thought it was supposed to be an H-pattern car.

I think it would be awesome to have the 1Hr races be Group C eventually. Longer tracks, races, and Group C cars with MANDATORY H-pattern would be neat (if that's what the car is supposed to have).

I thought the group C cars were H-pattern syncromesh transmissions. He's using the clutch to shift, so it's probably not a dog box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnyLL4EFew
Hey Stan per Andys video its H pattern.

Assetto Corsa doesnt have Full shift animations. Every shift sequential or H pattern always looks like a bump. I think the only game that has had full shift animation is the new GTurismo which I give them props for doing and pushing the limits forward but I will never be playing lol.

Also Stan I would love to have a series like you mentioned. Thats HardCore and makes things like shifter mandatory. I talk about this all the time in iRacing.
And maybe one day in the future VR also Tongue But for sure shifter lol.
You just have to lift to upshift (no need for clutch)but need to use the clutch to down change, I think this is the same on the real car. I'd like to see a champ with mandatory h pattern and use of the clutch with no throttle blipping allowed but dunno how populated it would be and maybe a bit unfair for people without shifters 3 peddles etc. I like to challenge myself by driving all the cars how they are or were supposed to be driven. In a 20 minute race you can brake the gearbox with too many botched gear changes, even not blipping the throttle enough on downchanges can damage the gearbox on some cars, I think the lamborghini muira has the most fragile gearbox, 2 crappy gearchanges means you're out of the race.

Anyone who hasn't got a shifter should really think about getting one, makes the game so much better, I think I'd get bored of changing with the paddles all the time. The only car I don't like are the 90's dtm cars, all you seem to do is change gear, short ratios and six gears means far too much shifting.
I agree... I like to challenge myself to drive the cars correctly as they are in real life.
I know not everyone has the funds or desire even for a true H-pattern shifter, but it DOES make it better, for me anyway.
Thanks for the info on the Group C car, and I look forward to future races in SRS with these cars.
Also... I wish SRS would try some 90min races, or even 2Hr races. I LIKE THE LONGER STUFF... 20mins is too short for me.
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool
I think the only way I'd dig mandatory H shifter + clutch is if I was like 3 seconds or less off the pace of the fastest folks in a race using autoclutch and paddle shifters. Since that isn't happening likely in this lifetime, I'll be happy to sit out of any races of this sort. Knock yourselves out! Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Assetto assigns the gearbox the gearbox type for me based on the car, so if it's an H-pattern car it doesn't let me use paddles to shift. I know that's a setting I can change, but after twenty years of heel and toe shifting, I'm pretty comfortable with it. If we were racing for money I'd use paddles and every driver aid I could get, though. I wonder how high participation would be in a mandatory h-shifter series; I would think it might be hard to learn proper shifting on a sim, since you can't feel the gears mesh or the clutch engage and most people in America drive cars with automatic transmissions and a lot of sim racers might not even be old enough to drive a real car.
(12-16-2017, 10:16 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  I know that's a setting I can change, but after twenty years of heel and toe shifting, I'm pretty comfortable with it.
After fifty years of H&T'ing old Brit cars around, I'd have to agree.