Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Class Races?
Question 
Hi Racers,

what about multi class races?

After the GT3 races in Le Mans I was thinking about how nice it would be to race there in different classes, like in real or only GT3 and LMP.

Especially the race on the Nordschleife would be so much fun if there would be some slower cars, like the GT3 Cup, GT4 Class, M235i racing and so on.

Is there something planned... maybe as special event?

I would be glad if there would be races like this!

c u on track
Yeah that´s what I was asking already few seasons back. It would be awesome to have multiclass series with LMP for people with 700+ rating, then GT2 or GT3 for people with 400/500+ rating and then GT4 for people with 200+ rating. At least one hour races with mandatory pitstops would be great. Question is, if it can be implemented for registration to a race
NEVER GIVE UP!
Great idea, that would be cool
Multiclass? HELL YES PLEASE!
I do like the idea posted by Marek Vons.

I might add to it by including a lower limit to the classes as well so the the faster / better racers are not able to race the slower cars as this would make it to easy for them and not give the newer races a chance to shine.

Maybe a 2 hour race, and schedule it at the end of each season. I would also use one of the longer tracks like Nordschleifi or Le Mans.
Le Mans would be great, but nordshleife i dont know, people are having too much incidents there with walls whatcresults invtoo much penalty points + many people dont know the track. All that could lead to not really full sessions. But tracks like Spa, Monza and those classics would be good
NEVER GIVE UP!
(12-05-2017, 10:02 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Le Mans would be great, but nordshleife i dont know, people are having too much incidents there with walls whatcresults invtoo much penalty points + many people dont know the track. All that could lead to not really full sessions. But tracks like Spa, Monza and those classics would be good

The Nordschleife problem could be solved when everyone who wants to race there does a license for the ring, like a hotlap challenge with a slow car and a longrun challenge like 8 laps without hitting the wall and in a laptime window from e.g. 8:00-8:10 or something like that.

This would need a huge efford, but the result would be a fair and good multi class race on the best track in the world.
Nordschleife problem? The problem is drivers got used to modern GP tracks with their huge runoff zones Wink
(12-06-2017, 02:30 PM)Tobias Puell Wrote:  
(12-05-2017, 10:02 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Le Mans would be great, but nordshleife i dont know, people are having too much incidents there with walls whatcresults invtoo much penalty points + many people dont know the track. All that could lead to not really full sessions. But tracks like Spa, Monza and those classics would be good

The Nordschleife problem could be solved when everyone who wants to race there does a license for the ring, like a hotlap challenge with a slow car and a longrun challenge like 8 laps without hitting the wall and in a laptime window from e.g. 8:00-8:10 or something like that.

This would need a huge efford, but the result would be a fair and good multi class race on the best track in the world.

And then you will have empty grid  Shy most of the people here dont really practice a lot I think. And in 1hr long races there is average of 15 people per race I think. With your criterias there would be like 5, or maybe I am wrong idk
NEVER GIVE UP!
What about a Group C series? Great on big tracks ... Spa, Lemans, Road America, etc.