Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Do you like new pit stop restriction in 1 hour races?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
2 66.67%
No
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you thinks that a new rule of pitting in 1h races is a good idea?
You now have to pit between 25th and 35th minute of the race. What was wrong with unrestricted time during entire race to choose the pit time yourself? Making people pit almost exactly the same time ruins entire idea of strategy when it comes to choosing your tires or fuel amount. The span of 10 minutes leaves like 3 laps window on longer circuits and pretty much makes everyone to choose exactly the same strategy. For me it is not logical solution. It also adds more things to worry about and to calculate. Furthermore you can't modify your pit strategy during the race when circumstances allow it (Fuel consumption is better or worse, tires hold longer etc.). I personally can't find single reason to support it.

I would love to hear SRS racers' thoughts about this. Do you think it is a good idea? Why?
Its not bad, but the fuel amount should be restricted to 60-70% of race lenght, so everyone will stay longer in pits
NEVER GIVE UP!
I would understand a limit for example of 10 minutes at the end and at the start of the race when you can't pit but too me how it is now is bad. I don't really get your logic. Even though you pit at the very last lap you still have to go whole way trough the pit lane and your car is so heavy in the beginning that you pretty much loosing time at the first half on every lap. Don't see why it would bother me if someone do this. Another solution if you really want every one to spend more time in pits is mandatory tire change. Problem solved without ridiculous time restrictions. I would support it without blinking an eye.
I have enough problems just trying to dodge people T1 and trying to get consistent lap times for a 20 minute sprint. I've tried a number of 1 hour races on SRS, and they are decidedly not for me. And if I was willing to spend the 1+ hours needed to complete a 1 hour race, I know that I wouldn't want to worry about pit strategy. I'd probably calculate fuel needed per lap, cut the race in half, and hope for the best. If anything, the odd intricacies of professional races is a turn off for my more casual sim racing desires... so there being a pit window is likely just another thing that will make me avoid those races.

Fuel caps, if 100% enforceable by the game*, I think would be a fine alternative with a wide open pit window.

*In other words I would not want the game to allow me to take a full tank, let me race for an hour without pitting, and then at the very end get a black flag because I didn't read the fine print before racing.

p.s. I would recommend that the outrage tone get lowered a bit. I'm sure constructive feedback is welcome by SRS admins, but my guess is that a forum poll with a "never in a million years" tirade is going to get things changed how you want, in a hurry. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Thanks for the suggestion. I modified it a bit but I have to express my opinion at least. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

PS. I'm not expecting any rapid change in this regard and I know if it will change it will probably be next season at earliest. I'm not pushing anyone to do anything, just expressing my opinion.
I just saw your kind email. I don't know where you got the idea you know me or that you're somehow special.
A week to rest will help you clear your mind.