Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Race Tonight - GInetta
Hi All,
Speaking to the owner of SRS, I was interested to see my mod in full swing, and the racing was fantastic, but I also noticed a few issues with the car,  which you would not notice just racing around yourself, so thank you all.
The tyres are an issue.  They should be up to temp by approx 3 laps, but 5 laps in, mine was still cold, so I want to talk to SRS and find out the settings they use, just so I can test.
Again, thank you and I am sorry if I caused any grief to anybody.  Sometimes the only way to make things perfect is to see / drive them live.
I hope I have not upset anybody
Regards
Shaun
It's a privilege to have modders racing here with us!
We'll gladly help.
Thanks for your email, and after some testing I am replied, but like I said, this is car specific only.

It was a pleasure, and I might try and give it another go tonight....

Again, thank you for making feel welcome

Shaun
Thank you for bringing the Ginetta into AC, and along to SRS - It's a fun car, makes for some great close racing, and I certainly look forward to racing it more. Great to see active interaction from the mod creator.
(11-29-2017, 01:47 PM)Ben Russell Wrote:  Thank you for bringing the Ginetta into AC, and along to SRS - It's a fun car, makes for some great close racing, and I certainly look forward to racing it more. Great to see active interaction from the mod creator.

Your more than welcome and glad you enjoy it as much as I do.

Shaun
I am not going to make the race tonight (7pm) as just got it from work (damn traffic) and 11pm will be to late.

Hopefully will make it tomorrow night

Shaun
(11-25-2017, 07:34 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Hi All,
Speaking to the owner of SRS, I was interested to see my mod in full swing, and the racing was fantastic, but I also noticed a few issues with the car,  which you would not notice just racing around yourself, so thank you all.
The tyres are an issue.  They should be up to temp by approx 3 laps, but 5 laps in, mine was still cold, so I want to talk to SRS and find out the settings they use, just so I can test.
Again, thank you and I am sorry if I caused any grief to anybody.  Sometimes the only way to make things perfect is to see / drive them live.
Regards
Shaun

Thanks for your work Shaun. It's a pleasure driving your mod. Smile
(12-04-2017, 07:03 PM)David Ferreira Wrote:  
(11-25-2017, 07:34 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Hi All,
Regards
Shaun

Thanks for your work Shaun. It's a pleasure driving your mod. Smile
Thanks David for your kind words, its been my pleasure working on this for the community, stressful sometimes but a pleasure especially when you see people / places like this enjoying and using it.

Shaun
Hi Shaun!

Not so far ago I tried to make a mod of the Motorland Aragón track . I spent a lot of hours investigating, getting lidar data, learning blender, I even tried to contact rFactor makers of an old mod to have something where to begin. I spent a lot of time and got nothing. I give up. Any efford is apreciated Shaun, even more if It's a quality mod.

Thanks a lot man, and thaks a lot to every SRS guy. Great work!
Hey Shaun,

really appreciate the time you put into making this mod. I really love to drive it - it's a real race car. Thank you a lot!
Anyways one thing got my attention: Especially when accelerating out of turns and with still some steering angle on, if you shift up in that moment from 2nd to 3rd for example it unsettles the car a lot and can cause you to spin, because of weight transfer i guess. Is this the same in the real car?

Cheers,
Tobias