Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Paddle Shifters @ Race start
I've had two episodes now, of running the Practice and then the 20min. Quali. At race sart, RED lights go out and I have only "N" and no paddle shifers. I quickly rebooted my wheel, went back to race but my FFB was way wacky. Second try was to come completely out of race, reboot wheel when in "OPTIONS/ CONTROLS" and then back into race (Thankfuly it allowed me, both times) and then I could continue the start of my race. I came into race 7th or 8th and finished 5th, great, I'll take it.
My question is, if I have this problem again, things happen, is there a quicker way to get back my wheel controls? Short cut keys maybe, or not having to come completely out of race?
As far as I'm aware, AC is of the "old school video game" variety where they handle all of the control setup and configuration in a launcher versus in the actual game. When I'm making HUD elements or car skins I typically have my wheel shut off and I switch to a keyboard configuration (just so I can rev and shift to check out the HUD changes quickly without sitting at my wheel). I would LOVE to be able to change control schemes from within ac.exe proper, as more than once recently I've forgotten to switch back to my wheel preset before joining a race. Nothing like joining a race with 8 seconds left on the join clock! Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(11-23-2017, 04:48 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, AC is of the "old school video game" variety where they handle all of the control setup and configuration in a launcher versus in the actual game. When I'm making HUD elements or car skins I typically have my wheel shut off and I switch to a keyboard configuration (just so I can rev and shift to check out the HUD changes quickly without sitting at my wheel). I would LOVE to be able to change control schemes from within ac.exe proper, as more than once recently I've forgotten to switch back to my wheel preset before joining a race. Nothing like joining a race with 8 seconds left on the join clock! Big Grin

You are saying that I should Boot my wheel before booting Assetto Corsa? for a more wheel stability? Correct?
No, not really, but that's absolutely the order I do things. I have a G27 and I have it hooked up to a USB Hub that has power switches on it. There is nothing more annoying than to have Windows do a reboot at 3AM and listen to my wheel do its little power on self test dance. So yeah... make sure your wheel is up and running before starting AC.

I would also recommend using the Content Manager launcher instead of the default AC launcher. You can really quickly load that, see if your wheel inputs are doing anything on their control screen, then launch the game from that.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
You should absolutely make sure that your control devices are booted and working properly BEFORE starting a session with Assetto Corsa and best verify that those controls are working.
If you only start your FFB wheel while you are already in a session on the track Assetto Corsa often is wonky with controls.

I make it always a mandatory check list item before clicking the "join" button to enter an SRS event to double check in the options / controls menu that all my controls are properly selected (I use different profiles for different wheel setups) and that they are working.
I do the same in the options / view menu to make sure that the virtual steering wheel is displayed / hidden, depending on the car I am about to drive.

You cannot unfortunately change these options when you have entered the session already.

If you have missed any of those, you have to terminate the session (ALT + F4), select the correct options in the Assetto Corsa launcher and re-enter the session (either with the "join" button if it is still available or by searching for the SRS server in the online session browser).

You may or may not have some luck by experimenting with the alternative Assetto Corsa launcher called "Content Manager" - this app has some really powerful features, among others also allows certain control profiles assigned to vehicles.
I would think it would behave with the same limitations though (once you are in a session, you cannot change control profiles).

Good luck and prepare that check list and follow it for best experience ;-)