Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie decider rules
Looking at the results from last season it looks like if two people are on the same championship score then it's decided by who has the most wins. Surely someone who does the fewest races to get the wins has done better than someone who has done loads of races. 
Wouldn't it be better to decide it on sum of positions?
When i designed this system, I always thought of good drivers that are not able to drive as often as others can. So if you do less than 5 races per week, your best score counts, more will average your score. This allows drivers that race less to be with the same points as the others that race more.

But if you have the same points and want to be ahead of the other driver you have to work your way up and get better results than him.
Crispin, anyway, as someone said before, championships are just "cock measuring" thing here, it doesnt matter if you have won the championship, because you can win the champ if you are not the best driver as well, if you are attending every race in some champs. I saw few drivers like that winning the championship, some of them were not even finishing in the podium. The rating and incident average are the ones to watch. I wouldnt say nothing, if winning the championship would increase you the rating or so
NEVER GIVE UP!
But then stuff happens like when i get a random 3rd place and dont want to race any more cause i know i wont do as well. I remember a case where there was a guy who had like 2 wins and 2 or 3 top 5 but because he had a random last place he's average was lower than mine and my best was a 8th place or something like that. So its a bit of a double edge sword.
But since the rankings are more of a dick measuring contest, no one really cares i guess xP. (edit: nice timing)
Haha nice timing Almor, yeah Big Grin

Me myself, I won 7 championships so far, but thats because I can race often and sometimes I can win, too, but I am not taking these champ wins really serious, because what is it worth? The rating is the truth about the driver I think. Even when I am not really happy about the incident average, I have 1.5 and most of them come from the drivers who hit me and it was not my fault, but what can I do... with lower incident average I could have better rating as well, but I cant. Even when I try to drive safe and clean, then comes Monza Tatuus race and some no-brainer from the back, bang, 6 incidents in T1 of the race Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
+ Crispin, in my opinion, more unfair is to win with 102pts when 6 people are joined (kinda like your win), than win with 102pts on a full server of people
NEVER GIVE UP!
I personally really like trying for a championship as it puts results in context.
I prefer the races where there's only one race as only one winner. I guess it's impossible to please everyone.
Loving SRS though it's so good
True. You can race for the rating and keep climbing the ladder, too. SRS is doing a great job and getting maximum possible from tge sources
NEVER GIVE UP!
(11-21-2017, 03:40 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  + Crispin, in my opinion, more unfair is to win with 102pts when 6 people are joined (kinda like your win), than win with 102pts on a full server of people

This Rolleyes
(11-21-2017, 05:25 PM)Pedro Gomez Wrote:  
(11-21-2017, 03:40 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  + Crispin, in my opinion, more unfair is to win with 102pts when 6 people are joined (kinda like your win), than win with 102pts on a full server of people

This Rolleyes

what? I´m just saying, I dont care, I always better join the full server, but I see that some people wanted to win "cock measuring" championship with racing with 5 people Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!