Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: EU or US Server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
EU Server
100.00%
24 100.00%
US Server
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abarth 500 18GMT Server
Is this ever gonna change? Will we get any answer from SRS? Or my topics here are just ignored
NEVER GIVE UP!
server location at that time should remain the same.
By the way, thanks a bunch for picking the Algarve track. I'd somehow missed it completely, and it is a-ma-zing! I look forward to trying some faster cars on the track. Unfortunately the AI is a bit messed up - they often crash in T1.
Literally every driver seen in the two events I have participated had >150 ping. This does compromise the racing experience too much imo.

The car is a lot fun to drive though and I also liked getting to know the AIA track. Really nice circuit layout!
(11-24-2017, 10:12 AM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  in gt3 asia 99% of people are european, and the 1% are americans, 0% asian

I would like to say that this is actually statistically inccurate.

Asia - 7 - 5,882%
Europe - 105 - 88,235%
America - 3 - 2,521%
Oceania - 1 - 0,840%
Africa - 3 - 2,521%

Also to note 6 of the 7 from asia are from the eurpean side of asia.
However, i will side on the "it should remain the same".
I dont know how it looks from you guys point of view, but as a far south- south american I always have 200+ ping in assetto servers, since mostly are from EU and US. EU servers often get me 300+ ping.
Usually it is pretty playable from here, but indeed almost everyone else has less than 100 ping.

From my high-ping experience in assetto I can tell that a high ping does not look that bad to race when it is stable. In comparison, a low but oscilating ping looks way more unpredicteable from my client point of view. But maybe it is just because I am used to race with a high ping ,and developed some sort of awareness compensanting that lag with caution when nearby other people.

In this server, where everyone seems to have 100-200 ping (actually it is the lower ping I ever had in foreign servers, being 200-210 ) I personally do not notice any difference from what I am used to experience ingame.

Personally I prefer this as it is, since my ping is lower. But , as it makes no visible difference from my side, I dont mind playing in EU servers aswell if it is better for the majority.
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
Almor, i wrote that message a week ago.. things can change, but as you see, they didn't change a lot, if you count european asian as european, you will have near 0% asians..

to return on topic, today i did for first time the abarth race, it was terrifying, with those low powered cars you need slipstream and doing that with cars in front that skipping is terrible.. i did get touched, and i touched another driver (i was behind him for slipstream, and then lag, you can image what appened), then at near end of the race, i lost connection too, the other italian's driver that was in the server lost connection too.. not a very nice exprerience.
Stefano that´s why I stopped racing Abarth 500 in this time, and thats the only time when I can race Abarth. It´s just not good to have US server in prime time for european people..
NEVER GIVE UP!
Just visually the car movements look weird. I also witnessed weird effects happening when cars touch. They tend to bounce away from each other like rubber balls.