Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ratings to Race
It has been a subject of discussion over on the Discord Channel a fair bit in regards to the Ratings set race series, and how it could maybe be refined.

Currently, the MX5 series requires a rating of 500+ and the Euro GT series requires 200+ (Oddly the US and ASIA GT Series has no rating requirement).

Could it maybe be beneficial to have some of the faster series, GT2 for example, to require a higher rating and the slower cars MX5 etc to not have such a high rating for entry, if at all?

I wonder what the thinking is behind it? Are slower cars more likely to require more driving experience, as they don't handle as well, hence the higher rating requirement? Or do the GT series cars not require so much?

It's not a criticism, just some thoughts and questions.

Another thought, could the series be staggered more, a bit like iRacing, whereby you start off in slower cars and work your way up through the series, to faster cars? Would that work? I don't know.

Would be interesting to know what SRS and others think about this train of thought Smile
The career option that you mention would be great, but I assume would need massive implementation work, and I mean MASSIVE. I rather appreciate what you admins have achieved so far. Absolutely genius!
I mostly agree and found it quite odd that the MX-5 series would require such a high rating requirement.

Realistically, both in real life and sim racing, the MX-5 is an entry level RWD H-pattern car that's super nimble, has good break away characteristics, and is easy to catch when the rear steps out. Over driving the car mostly results in poor lap times but not spinning out or crashing like the GT2 cars and higher.

Also, I know everyone wants to do GT2/3/4 racing, but I'd like to see more 90s DTM please.
Soo if i understand it correctly there are some series i could not enter yet because i have not yet got to that rating like in I Racing??

Already thanked by you all
Not anymore. Last time it was few months ago, when we had endurance series. Other than that, there're no rating limited races, so you can drive anything you want now.
Maybe its because many times the MX5 is a crashfest. I rarely race in them any more as my incident points seem to go through the roof with some people trying to win on the first lap!
Because i wanted to join the evora lotus event and some others but i could click on join and refresh the page but nothing will change but maybe the servers where full already
Tried this?
https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7883
yea but it is still the same the join buttons shows and when you click on it there will be an blue strip around it and it wil not go further
Just join the server like you would join a public server then.

Search for simracingsystem and they show up. When you're registered for the race, you can join.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020