Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpit Ferrari 312/67 Series Over!
Luckily Austin didn't get trampled at the start and finished podium, as was intended by the Race Gods. I was doing quite well this evening in 6th until someone did a thing and I had to limp to the pit with my steering wheel at about 80 degrees. I then spent 2-3 minutes getting suspension and body repair, and re-entered the race just to see positions 1 and 2 drive by! Weeee! No chance of me uploading my 16th place finish to the youtubes.

I AM about to upload my video of last night's race where I placed 6th but should have placed well further towards the rear than that.
Here's what I'd recommend to folks struggling to keep their wheels to themselves on the track, and safely getting through the first couple of turns on these consistently large grids for next season:
  1. Put in some practice laps on the practice server during the week, or an hour before the race. Either the practice server or by yourself. Whatever blows your hair back.
  2. Be able to go around the track a good 10 times in a row without going off-track before you start pushing it into corners trying to find time.
  3. Before dropping into the actual race, fill up the grid with bots with you in various positions on the grid and practice starts. This does wonders for cluing you into how your car starts with relatively cold tires among a lot of other cars with relatively cold tires. It also will let you understand what Turn 1 looks like when all you see is the backs of cars. It's drastically different than when you are hotlapping!
I'm sure there are thousands of other tips, but the above is what I do, and it's serving me fairly well (even though I seem to be a magnet for silliness more so on Friday races than on Thursday for some reason...).

I'm super happy with the next series car choice where the car is not so volatile. Hopefully we'll see some really clean racing. See you next week!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Great tips here, that I myself already do but would hope other see. But the ones who have to see this the most wont ever even come onto the forums lol

PRACTICE! practice is for losers, let me wipe out the grid on T1 when im 20 seconds slower than everyone then leave the race and go make a sandwich. -gotta love this type of thinking...
I was very happy to drive something different than your regular GT2/GT3 cars. The F 312 is not a hard car to drive, you just have understand and respect it, and as said, you have to practice practice practice.

Congrats to Jorge for his championship, he was unlucky at the first races, but then he got everything right. I wished to run the last race but had some reallife commitments.

Series was fun, but I would have preffered to use different tracks for this car. Instead of the horrible Fuji and Riverside, probably some OTB tracks like Brands Hatch which is almost the same as the one used on the 60's and Silverstone 67 for sure.
(11-19-2017, 06:40 PM)Fernando Deutsch Wrote:  I was very happy to drive something different than your regular GT2/GT3 cars. The F 312 is not a hard car to drive, you just have understand and respect it, and as said, you have to practice practice practice.

Congrats to Jorge for his championship, he was unlucky at the first races, but then he got everything right. I wished to run the last race but had some reallife commitments.

Series was fun, but I would have preffered to use different tracks for this car. Instead of the horrible Fuji and Riverside, probably some OTB tracks like Brands Hatch which is almost the same as the one used on the 60's and Silverstone 67 for sure.

The F 312 is far more challenging than pretty much any other car I've driven in this sim, personally. No aero (so all grip is about your tyres and the track condition... see below), lots of oversteer, unstable in straights without setup tweaking. I think for Green Hell someone was just filling up the tank just to add weight stability! Yeah, once you get used to it you can start doing adequate laps, but the problem I found is that if any tiny thing goes wrong, you will likely spin out and likely take others out if you happen to be next to anyone when it happens. 

Not to mention that the track grip for qualifying and racing didn't always line up with any of my solo practice sessions, nor practice sessions on the practice server. Nothing is worse than practicing a ton to get the more difficult corners down on a track only to have to completely re-learn it on the fly during qualifying because the grip is 2% worse than what you've been grinding on.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz