Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Ping
Exclamation 
Hey there,
I just had a Renault Trophy race at Sebring and the lag was real. I crashed wth a car I was trying to lap and then just retired since I realised I couldn't make a single move. The ping in the server was around 200 and sometimes ever 300+. I checked the ping at speednet and it's only 29ms. I don't know what might be wrong but it's really anoying for my competitors, let alone myself. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong and if I should do something to fix it? Huh

PS: My incidents in this race were 7 (!!). I'm sure that I didn't touch a car for more than 2 times. I guess that lag made me crash into people without even knowing!

Thanks in advance!
Server is in the USA. We all had around 150ms, which is usual for this series. I had the chance to drive behind you and you seemed to float around. I then checked your ping and was around 300. It was thus higher than anyone else's.

Maybe join another series in an european server to see how it works? Maybe test an online public server?

I hope you can fix it since I enjoy driving with you, George. Best of lucks,

Javier
Yeah, it seems that everyone was lagging here and there. You can also see it from the race video on YouTube. I'll make some tests and see what I can improve.

Thanks for the reply Javier, see you on track!
Question is, if US servers are really needed for that and in that time
NEVER GIVE UP!
I actually just raced in Seat Leon series which servers are in Netherlands. The ping didn't go over 90 and racing was very enjoyable, eventhough I finished 11th lol (I had done only a couple of laps for practice haha). Anyway, the admins know better what's the best for their leagues and since its free we should not make many complaints. However it seems that such series run like a charm when the servers are in Europe and thus it must be considered!

Keep it up guys!
(11-05-2017, 06:51 PM)George Pagidas Wrote:  I actually just raced in Seat Leon series which servers are in Netherlands. The ping didn't go over 90 and racing was very enjoyable, eventhough I finished 11th lol (I had done only a couple of laps for practice haha). Anyway, the admins know better what's the best for their leagues and since its free we should not make many complaints. However it seems that such series run like a charm when the servers are in Europe and thus it must be considered!

Keep it up guys!

Yes, Marek has raised up the matter before, about the Renault RS01 series. It's an american server, so ping is about 150 for us europeans. It's not bad, but could be better. With this cars we can afford such high pings, but I find it a bit unconfortable. When someone is pinging a little higher, then it is very risky to get close and makes passing almost impossible.

Me too, I wonder what's the criteria for putting this series in an american server. It is actually the only series I am racing in now, the one that fits my schedule at best. I look at the grid and nine out of ten drivers are european, so... what's the point of the american server? Maybe they all furiously race while I'm sleeping. That could be the case, I don't know.

If I were running a system and wanted to improve it, I would take complaints as feedback and build on the info. I do love SRS, and I want it to be better and improve, so that's why I contribute in this forum. I respect the place and the people in it.

Anyway, glad to see you had a good experience in the european server. See you next race!
I have to agree. SRS is really really good and indeed if it has more room to improve, it has to.
See you next race as well man. RedBull Ring next, it's gonna be good!
Just raced with the same car at Nurburgring and the results were terrifying. A car from behind just crashed me at T1 due to lag. Returned on track dead last and tried to recover, only to retire on Lap 2 or something after I tried to make a move at the last corner. The car ahead lagged like hell and the crash was inevitable. I hit the pitwall, tried to recover again, spun (I think I was hit) and then literally the entire field crashed into me. I believe the admins should think seriously before deciding their server allocation. Almost everyone in the server was from Europe so it's not that sensible we race in a US server. I don't have any idea how all this works, but If it can be fixed for the future, it would be great. Btw, I'll say it again that SRS is really, really good but admins should pay attention to details like this in order to make it perfect. Wink