Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2 America Series Sebring Lap 2:00.4 and Set up

Same pit strategy, pit once adding 1 liter of fuel. 

The baseline set up is so good here you can get away with it untouched. My version only has some minor tweaks but it's essentially the same. Anyways, 2:00 is my current best, but I know I can do 1:59 even 1:58 in iRacing in the Porsche and other similar cars. I just can't find it here at the moment. The track is so different from iRacing's version. The bumps are nowhere near where I expect them to be and the slippy parts are also all over the place. It kinda feels like learning a new track. But anyways, I'll try to practice more and see you guys in the races. Cheers!

Attached Files
.zip   CR7 Sebring.zip (Size: 1.19 KB / Downloads: 7)
All right, got it and can't wait to try it.I found your other setups were better then mine.
(11-05-2017, 03:36 AM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  

Same pit strategy, pit once adding 1 liter of fuel. 

The baseline set up is so good here you can get away with it untouched. My version only has some minor tweaks but it's essentially the same. Anyways, 2:00 is my current best, but I know I can do 1:59 even 1:58 in iRacing in the Porsche and other similar cars. I just can't find it here at the moment. The track is so different from iRacing's version. The bumps are nowhere near where I expect them to be and the slippy parts are also all over the place. It kinda feels like learning a new track. But anyways, I'll try to practice more and see you guys in the races. Cheers!
Have you tried the Ferrari or BMW? Or is the Vette always going to produce the faster lap times?
(11-07-2017, 03:51 PM)Bryce Evans Wrote:  Have you tried the Ferrari or BMW? Or is the Vette always going to produce the faster lap times?

I don't know the answer to that question... LOL

What happened was I was to choose between 3 cars on the first week, I tried all three and find that this car feels a lot better than the other two. The Ferrari was awesome when it comes to sound and looks, it's very good in terms of driving pleasure. I mean, the rock star feeling and race car sounds. I really like it! But I find it too hard to tame when it comes to inducing mini slides or trail braking. When I try to steer with a slide, it just wants to go all the way. I mean to the wall! LOL But if you wanna know what I think, I think the Ferrari has the most potential of all three. But it's going to need a kickass driver which I am not.

The BMW in my opinion is a lackluster in almost every aspect. It doesn't want to turn, feels heavy and old. The latter is also true in the cosmetic part. That's all I can say. There are people who like it I know, and everyone has the right to pick a car that they are comfortable driving. 

This car(Vette) is a compromise between the two, and most of the time, a compromise is your best bet in almost any situation.

What I wanted to happen is for this time slot to be populated. So I started to share my set ups, and videos. If I am young and single, I will drive all three and give everyone a fair fighting chance. Sadly, my time is very limited and this is all I can do for this timeslot, not this series in particular, but whatever car comes by this timeslot...

I wish the next series that comes here will use only one car. A spec cup or something... so it will be easier to provide set ups for everyone and hopefully bring in more drivers.
Hey man thanks for sharing and making the video it truly helps. I don't own this track on Iracing so ive just been practicing and my best so far is 2:08. Im sure the video will help me shave off about 3 seconds and hopefully the setup some more lol.

Question
Is it required to pit in this series? Or the Sebring race?