Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop DLC races!
Thumbs Down 
Please stop those DLC races... im getting iRacing flashbacks...
You either only have races that anyone can play with just the base game and it is a waste of money to purchase high quality DLC for Assetto Corsa since this is the best place to play Assetto Corsa online and if they don't offer DLC races, why purchase any DLC?

Or you purchase the high quality DLC for Assetto Corsa because the cars in them interest you and then SRS occasionally provides a place to play with your new toys making the DLC worth the purchase.

I think there being a few DLC series available is a good thing. I've quite enjoyed racing Thursday and Friday in Ferrari 312/67s and 8 bucks American was not a lot to pay for this enjoyment. And I got six other cars in the deal.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
i couldnt race yesterday for 7 hours because of dlc's... "occasional" dlc races my ass
Well the 2 main series that race every other hour are with modded cars. (Set leon and the renault RS01) So not being able to race isnt really true now is it?
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
Having not been 100% familiar with what all DLC is required for the current crop of races, I did some research to list out all the DLC content available and what all is used in the SRS series currently. Here's my findings (please correct any of this if I botched it up):

Mazda MX-5 Cup
DLC required car

Seat Leon EuroCup
DLC Track Brands Hatch GP required for 1 week

R.S.01 Trophy
DLC Track Red Bull Ring GP required for 1 week

Ferrari 312/67 SIMPIT Historic
DLC required car
DLC required track Nodschliefe Endurance-Cup for 1 week

GT America

GT Asia

GT 500 Rating

GT Euro
DLC required track Brands Hatch Indy for 1 week

GT1
DLC required car

GT4

DTM90 Gamer Muscle
100% free content

Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
DLC required car

GTR
DLC required car
DLC required track Brands Hatch Indy for 1 week

So... in looking at the evidence, there is quite a lot of DLC required stuff in the races here. Breakdown is:

Out of 13 Series...
8/13 require DLC for at least two weeks during the series (car or multiple tracks or both)
12/13 require DLC for at least one week during the series.
5/13 require DLC in every race (car).

Only a single racing series appears to be 100% non-DLC content required.

So I understand where the OP is coming from. That said, the DLC for AC is pennies compared to the life savings you'll spend trying to do anything interesting in iRacing from what I've seen, and there ARE typically a number of races that you'd still have access MOST of the time without any DLC. It just so happened that this last week looked like just about every race series was either a DLC car, a DLC track, or both.

I recommend doing what I did: see which races are your cup of tea first (20 minute sprints versus 1 hour commitments, old ass Ferraris vs state of the art GT3 cars, track selection, time slot the races start, etc.). Then see if people are actually showing up to the races you want to get in on. If they are dead, then don't bother... unless you have 10 friends that want to join in, of course! If they are populated and require a DLC car, pick up the pack with the car in it and go nuts. If they require one or two weeks with DLC tracks, decide if you are okay missing a week or two in the championship, and if you aren't, pick up the DLC with the tracks.

Worst case scenario you'll be out like... $20USD buying high quality content? And when the next set of series rolls around, you'll still have that content and you'll probably WANT it to be used in more series.

Anyway, I've spent far too much time on this post. Hopefully this is helpful to you or someone else reading.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Come on man, the DLCs are not that expensive and I guess most of the people here have them. When they buy it, they also want to see DLC races, they didnt buy it for nothing. I wouldnt say anything if the DLC were expensive, but they are not, and if there is some sale... you can buy AC with all the DLCs for like 25€, so, prepare your wallet for black friday or some other sale Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
im so happy they let us use cars and tracks from race dept. that i buy whatever dlc content kunoz sell. also thanks srs
cmon ... comparing AC dlc with iracing ... and black friday is coming so you can stock up on content for about a iracing monthly sub XD
Keep an Eye on steam.
PROTIP: go to steam. Add all DLC(and other games or DLCS you want) to WISHLIST make sure settings tell steam to EMAIL you when stuff on your wishlist is on sale. I got most of this game only missing new Ferrari pack, for 30 dollars. As soon as they put that on sale im firing the bullet im not gonna wait around.

Steam sales are coming in Nov. 20th roughly and then DEC. 20th roughly. I will try to make a post as a reminder when i see them up. If you can't pay $2.00 for a DLC. Then I don't think theres a reason to complain. Even at 7 dollars its the price of a coffee at starbucks since you gotta drive there also. I can make Coffee at home. But i don't know how to make DLC Smile
Most DLC's are the price of a Fast Food meal... seriously people... stop cryin' about the prices.
They're good cars and tracks. WHY NOT buy them.
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool