Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too much contact on races
You should see some real races and then you dont crying anymore about contacts
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
(11-23-2017, 08:20 PM)Juan Reinoso Wrote:  You should see some real races and then you dont crying anymore about contacts

Absolutely true.  Big Grin We're all gentleman drivers compared to the real dudes...
But they dont have negative points for incidents in there Big Grin we have, so we have to watch even for the smallest touches
NEVER GIVE UP!
as any internet game it's impossible to have the perfect experience, most of contacts are a lag problem, so i'd never open a protest, i don't like to make someone, that is doing this for free, spend time to see videos of every contact, specially very slow contacts with more than 2 car in like a ten of a second, with lag is very hard to be perfect. And stupid people that doesn't brake on T1 will still be stupid even with a warnings, they can be banned, ok, but it's just time lost, the day after another "killer" will join and so on.

maybe a different calc for incident, i'm not an expert ( i bought AC 3 months ago) but the first races i had online, had MR rating, and there was an km/h based incident, and i think it's better, because a door-door incident, will be a very slow incident and it's a big part of the all races, every real race have those contacts, and a T1" bomb" will have a huge km/h difference, i know the unlucky people that takes the "bomb" will have a big penaly too, but in long terms that will not destroy his rank, because he can't be unlucky every race, and if it's possibile, a point based automatic ban from the race, like if the T1 killer will do another big incident (2, because 1 will ban the unlucky player too), will be ban from the race.

and a different point for wall incident, they can't be count the same as car incident.
The SRS admins seem to be quiet happy to watch videos and rule on incident reports. If they want to stop doing that, it is as simple as taking down the form (or better yet, leaving it up and simply not responding to any reports... as a placebo effect of sorts). But that hasn't been my experience at all.

If someone does something boneheaded during a race it might be a good idea to bring notice to them after a race. The incident points will only do so much about cleaning house.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hi all
 I don't know anything about how Assetto Corsa does contact detection or how SRS uses the info, so this maybe impossible to do.
If you take front end damage to your car you lose 3X the points if its rear end damage .5 the points.
most non-racing incidencess are because of someone missing the braking zone completely so if it can be done its an idea.
Play smart, pretend you own the vehicle. I may come toward the back of the pack, because im slower and lack of expertise in assetto corsa the sim or setups. But Ive learned to race as properly as I can, ive learned a lot in Iracing, and patience is a virtue. Don't cause incidents and its WIN WIN.
Ive come near the back 20th place and still get more championships point then those fighting for 10th place like its a street fighter game getting 5-10 incidents. Its not a fighting game.
Race clean and proper it will make you better in the long run.
I really like the SRS for taking away championship points for incidents. It makes you make proper passes without contact. Whats the point of gaining a place if your gonna lose all the points its worth for being dirty.
Keep up the good work SRS, really liking it here and only getting better every race.
If I have to make contact to win a race I will do it, I prefer to win races than championships, I'm not making money here, ratings, points, bla bla bla, thats for boost your ego.
If you make contact doesnt mean that you are a dirty driver, its part of racing.
---

(11-24-2017, 01:44 AM)Juan Reinoso Wrote:  If I have to make contact to win a race I will do it, I prefer to win races than championships, I'm not making money here, ratings, points, bla bla bla, thats for boost your ego.
If you make contact doesnt mean that you are a dirty driver, its part of racing.

This opinion is dumb and wrong.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(11-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(11-24-2017, 01:44 AM)Juan Reinoso Wrote:  If I have to make contact to win a race I will do it, I prefer to win races than championships, I'm not making money here, ratings, points, bla bla bla, thats for boost your ego.

This opinion is dumb and wrong.

Before saying it is a dumb opinion, you should see how many incidents per race you have. 

I will explain again...

If I win every race of the championship, and I'm not the champion because of incident points (a lot of small LEGAL contacts, NOT DIRTY contacts) I dont mind, Im not racing to be second because I avoid contacts, I want to win on track. If I win without contacts and I win the championship, much better.

See you on track gentlemen of racing.  Angel
---