Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analysis tools
Pierre, have a second good and long look into using MoTeC (with the ACTI plugin for Assetto Corsa, which you can find on Racedepartment.com in a complete install package with everything you need).

Essentially when set up properly you have a small app running in the background that dumps telemetry data of your driving sessions to your hard drive which you can then analyze in the MoTeC i2 software.

The secret when starting to learn to use MoTeC telemetry in the beginning is to:

- learn how the interface works in general (plenty of tutorials on the web)
- IGNORE all data streams you do not understand in the beginning or you do not think you need
- only use the basic, important data in the beginning

You can even put a separate worksheet together with just those few important data sets to make the software easier for you in the beginning.

- then build up on your knowledge and add one by one of the other data sets as you progress with learning

It is the very best tool available for advanced telemetry for Assetto Corsa (there is also a plugin to use the Aim telemetry software which also reads certain data channels not available in MoTeC through the ACTI plugin but I find the MoTeC i2 software much easier to work with as I have used it since the SimBin GTR days of sim racing).
Thanks your input Dirk, much appreciated. I'll stick to Race Engineer Center for now, but I'll make sure to come back to this post when I have another look at Motec. But I must say, REC does the job for now.