Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2 America Series Paul Ricard Blancpain 1:57.67
Lap is mediocre at 1:57.67  

1:56. is doable maybe even 55s in the right conditions.

2 sets below, Quali and Race. Race Trim will pit once adding 1 liter of fuel. I calculated 90 liters needed for race.
Cheers!

Attached Files
.zip   Paul Ricard GT2Am.zip (Size: 1.23 KB / Downloads: 9)
57 Drivers have driven this series. I am hoping that these set ups could somehow help in the participation and make them show up again. I know the time(zone) of the race is not very friendly for all, and was kinda hoping for other drivers to do the same, I mean share set ups for the other cars in this series. Unfortunately, I can't drive three cars and make decent set ups for every single one. I hope you guys see my intentions as positive, if not neutral enough.

Thanks for those who downloaded and tried the set ups! Have fun in the races and I will see you all on track! Cheers!
(10-23-2017, 08:10 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  57 Drivers have driven this series. I am hoping that these set ups could somehow help in the participation and make them show up again. I know the time(zone) of the race is not very friendly for all, and was kinda hoping for other drivers to do the same, I mean share set ups for the other cars in this series. Unfortunately, I can't drive three cars and make decent set ups for every single one. I hope you guys see my intentions as positive, if not neutral enough.

Thanks for those who downloaded and tried the set ups! Have fun in the races and I will see you all on track! Cheers!
The Quali setup was pretty good but not so much the race setup, for me. I ran out of tires and there was way too much fuel, probably 'cause I'm way too slow and it saves gas GR. I could only get down to flat 2 min., so that's where my driving is. Don't quite publishing setups, 'cause I'll keep trying them. Looked for your name at The Setup Market, couldn't find you. Very handy way to get setups on Assetto Corsa. Forgot to mention it was an hour race at Paul Ricard.
This is probably the most awkward track I've ever tried to learn and be with the fast guys in 2 days learning it. No pressure to be fast for new drivers. What I want to see is more drivers, so yes. I will keep the set ups coming.

Yes, fuel is a bit too much, probably 5 liters more than needed. But what's weird in Assetto Corsa is I can do same lap times with Q fuel and Race fuel. Like there is no weight calculation added to the simulation that a car with a full tank and a car with basically no fuel accelerates and decelerate the same. No difference whatsoever. Regarding the tires, you can change them mid race, but that wastes too much time and will not cancel out in lap times the time consumed in the pits. Use medium if you ran out of tires in the end. I normally see my lap times go up(slower) by about 2 seconds from my optimal times, after about 15 minutes of racing. That's in any tire compound I use.

I'm quite new here in AC too, so I am no PRO regarding detailed info about every parameter about this SIM. I also find it easy to do laps that are competitive, with very little set up changes. But I see major lack of details in the difference between tire compounds, fuel levels and weather changes and its effect on lap times and grip. I don't think those three are being simulated correctly or meticulously. I do feel they are being simulated but not enough IMHO.