Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is to blame in accidents?
Last night I was taken violently from behind in the race took place at Silverstone at 24:00 . Because the statistics I have a AVG Incident of 5 and a -81.99 rating ?
in vallelunga someone hit me from behind in the small hairpin first lap, and then everyone started to hit me, I finished with 12 incidents and my average incidents went from 0,6 to 4 =(
I think that in the future this needs to be reevaluated. I also think that some things don´t make much sense but I understand this is still in beta stage, so to say.
(05-05-2016, 01:08 AM)Guilherme Azevedo Wrote:  I think that in the future this needs to be reevaluated. I also think that some things don´t make much sense but I understand this is still in beta stage, so to say.

To be honest, unless someone reviews each incident one by one, I can't see how the system can know who to blame without screwing up.
Minorating for Assetto Corsa as far as I know has a quite good algorithm to evaluate contacts and assign the blame. Maybe you can contact Minolin (check the AC official forum).
It's not so easy identifying who's to blame.
Everybody is racing at the limit and that's where small causes can lead to disaster.

Also often there isn't only just one offender but both drivers misjudged the situation leading to contact.
Example: Who's to blame if an unexperienced driver brakes 50m too soon and the leader slams into his back?

In the end everybody is in the same boat and will have to learn to race clean and not sniff the exhaust
of cars you haven't followed for a few laps (and still then errors can happen).

The rating algorithm needs to account for:
a) mass crashes
b) evolution of racecraft

a) Like in Inti's example if there's this one race in which you get smashed by everybody in the T1 accident it's not the norm and needs to be matched against the usual performance. It should still have an impact on your rating, but shouldn't blast you into oblivion.

b) The aging mechanism needs to be set up correctly to punish contacts but also needs to disregard things that belong in the past.

And of course there needs to be the possibility of reporting somebody.
I think there's no need to blame an incident. Because when it happens, it happens. The race is already ruined.

BUT a system that calculates accidents and race contact...
For exemple: in iRacing a race contact (the classic touch on the rear bumb during a stright) is not calculate as an accident neither it affects the player's rating.