Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow down penalties?
Driving the 67 Ferrari F1 in The Simpit series race.  We just finished Zandvoort, and now we are going to Spa.  New to Assetto Corsa.  I see we lose our laps if we run into the penalty zones in qualifying and recording laps, but what happens to drivers in the race that do the same?  Are there slow down penalties like we have in iRacing?  Many times I have see drivers cut the course on chicanes, (not on purpose) when they've over driven the corner, but then they cut through and drive back on track and I've never seen them slow down due to a penalty.  If they ignore it are they removed from the race?  Or is there a limit to how many track penalties you can get in a race?
Hi John! I know you from iRacing. I'm new to Assetto Corsa too! Anyways, I did accidentally cut some corners in the past here, and the slow down penalty here is better from iRacing. Here you need to slow down to 30mph, once, to clear the flag. It's better than iRacing's slow down penalty. It is consistent here whereas in iRacing the clearing time for each car and track is different, sometimes easier or harder than others.
I like the idea for the slow down penalty here. But it is not implemented very well on certain parts of the track and needs to be fixed. For example if you get a slow down penalty just before the start finish line and then cross it, you are immediately disqualified from the race. This has happened to me twice now. On the Paul Ricard Blancpain, in the last turn. You cross the finish line two-three seconds after making that turn. So if you get a slow down penalty , its nearly impossible to slow down and serve the penaltly before you cross the line. So you're disqualified. Unless you manage to immediately slam the brakes, which can ruin the race for anyone behind you and cause a pile up of cars behind you.