Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving Porsche GT3 Cup Oceana time slot ?
I really love the Porsche GT3 Cup events - I love the car and the 1h race formula with mandatory pitstop is a great recipe for good racing.
I follow the GT3 Cup races for a while and see an unfortunate pattern with one of the time slots:
- the Oceana time slot at 1600 (GMT+8) is almost always running either empty or with not enough participants to be rated

I think mostly this bad attendance to this time slot is that it no time zone worldwide this is a fortunate choice.
In Europe this falls into the morning hours (0800 / 0900 am) - people are working / studying during that time during the week
In Asia / Australia this falls flat into the late afternoon hours - people cannot make it home in time to comfortably attend a race at the time.
In America the time slot falls flat into the dark hours after midnight - nobody races during that time in a work week.

Now here is my request:
Move the Oceana time slot towards 2 hours later (1800 GMT+8 instead of the current 1600 GMT+8)
This way the event would start for Asia / Australia in the evening (whole Asia and Australia can comfortably run this event just after coming home even during the work week)
Early birds on the American East coast could squeeze a nice race just before breakfast and make it to work / school in time.

I know I would race these events whenever I can, a few guys and gals in Australia would attend happily and we would even have a few people from the Americas on too.
It is currently just a pretty bad choice in time - wherever you are on the planet :-(