Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Series and Seasons
i there,
first of all you guys are the greatest. the Team, the Community and of course most of the Drivers ;-)
Around 4 months i am now part of this great Community and i would like to "give back" or support you guys in any possible way in the near future.
So i kept thinking and i would like to ask 2 questions regarding
1. What are the Requirements to "host" a Series like for example Shawn Cole from the Simpit does ?
The Second Questions is a follow up and to all the drivers & the Staff
2. would it be possible/liked to increase the requested Driver Rating for Races/Seasons significant ? 
(i am talking about a mark like 600-650... its not easy to reach... and i think i dont need to explain why iam asking this .?)

So i hope a lot of you guys reading this and post what they think.

Mfg Dennis

P.s 
what i am thinking of for example
To the 1st point - I think all the series like that are raced under some youtuber or streamer, you can check all they channels etc., so I dont think that some normal racer from here can have his own championship, but I was also thinking about it..

To the 2nd point - I was thinking about it, too, but with rating starting from 400. It would double the actual one (200) from some series and there would be still more participants than in races with 600 rating

I saw trucks in some other league, and it didnt have much popularity, still less and less players were connecting to the next races
NEVER GIVE UP!
For the rating, I think races that happen like every 2 - 4 hours don't need or even shouldn't have any rating requirement but series that only have one race per day or fewer times a week should have at least some requirement. I would see it more as going up the ladder, whilst of course keeping the balance of available races for non-DLC and DLC series.
(09-13-2017, 12:35 PM)Sami Kalli Wrote:  For the rating, I think races that happen like every 2 - 4 hours don't need or even shouldn't have any rating requirement but series that only have one race per day or fewer times a week should have at least some requirement. I would see it more as going up the ladder, whilst of course keeping the balance of available races for non-DLC and DLC series.

Yes i  see that like you ! for Races with like 600 up Rating , the ppl are there with that rating and higher and we all know what its like to have 15+ ppl with good rating and names you know and then 5 not so well known players with low ratings who just dont cant go that quick. thats okay we all do races every day but as you said, for some races who are like 2x a week it would be nice to see how its working out ?

(09-13-2017, 06:36 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  To the 1st point - I think all the series like that are raced under some youtuber or streamer, you can check all they channels etc., so I dont think that some normal racer from here can have his own championship, but I was also thinking about it..

To the 2nd point - I was thinking about it, too, but with rating starting from 400. It would double the actual one (200) from some series and there would be still more participants than in races with 600 rating

I saw trucks in some other league, and it didnt have much popularity, still less and less players were connecting to the next races
I do Social Media for living so i know a thing or 2. but my private Youtube channel isnt that big of a deal as of now, but its getting there and i streamed a few races the last weeks. But its in progress still, trying to getting the right stream setup with feet cams etc etc, so i am serious with that ... Rom didnt fall in a Day ;-)

I race the Truck like 2 times a week with my friends.. its insanely funny :Big Grin we have a blast every time and have our own little championshio going on for some time now .

Maybe we can get something like a "Community Vote Series" going with lets say 3 "Maybe Future Single Series Hosters " doing the RaceLead Stuff ? 2 ppl we have already here
could any admin say something to my post ?
or should i come a long with an "offer" ?
;-)
From what SRS has said on the forum already there won't be limited rating races any time soon.
SRS wants as many people racing as they can. So yeah there you go.
My only complain is with the way they organize the splits but that's already beating a dead horse so.

Also, truck racing would be awesome !
Next season I would like to see Formula Truck, Leon TCC (euro times), Multiclass series (ProtoGt) and Audi 90 GTO. I see these series with great potential to be fantastic and to call more drivers for SRS.
The audi 90 + porsche 962 and we have the camel series stuff of iracing xP
As for the thread topic, I would absolutely love to see consistency.
Racing series like the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup should always be there consistently as they are successfully run all year in series all over the world.
I really love that format and the competitiveness in the races.

There are other such series (really liked the Ginetta last season and it would be great if that could be expanded in a full GT4 event next season together with the Porsche Cayman GT4 Cup and Maserati GT4 racer - BOP them if it is necessary).

There also should be all year consistently a GT3 format, a historic GT format and a format for the F1 fans out there (I am not except for the historic F1 cars but I understand many people like to race them).

With consistency SRS will keep people who love SRS events for a certain class coming back every season.
I would hate to see the Porsche Cup to go and certainly would race less without it.

If at all try to always keep some races that are run everyday with non DLC, non mod content only to cater to new people who are starting up with Assetto Corsa - I personally enjoy the DLC content (big Porsche fan) and grew up with mods but understand the difficulty for people who are new to this.

I would like to see a greater variety of cars over the course of a day - do we really need all day only BMW M235i and Metalex races with a few Porsche Cup races thrown in?
I think three events spread over the day of the same car should be enough and allow for everyone over the world to attend at least one of those races a day and a bigger variety of cars to be run.

For me, interest for the BMW M235i after a few weeks was completely gone. I am not at all interested in the Metalex events, so the only event left were the Porsche Cup (which I happen to love and couldn't get enough of) and the occasional special event I could make as of the time zone (I really love the Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 and was lucky to catch a few of those races).

Variety, variety, variety + a few consistent series that would be great to see ;-)