Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No other drivers
Hi,
Just joined up [only two races so far].I signed in to the 2351 Bridgehampton round at 17.00 this afternoon but no one else joined.
If that happens again is it OK to abort. Don't want to get banned or any other penalty.
Neville Roberts
I´m not sure but I think you must make at least 3 laps, you will lose a lot of rating otherwise.
(09-11-2017, 12:22 PM)Richard Dees Wrote:  I´m not sure but I think you must make at least 3 laps, you will lose a lot of rating otherwise.
Thanks Richard,
I did the whole race by myself anyway just in case.
usually, the first races of a new member turns out like that. I am in that situation too. The first race I did, there were 3 of us. The next race, we were eight. It was discussed in some other thread how the races split. Sadly it is not equally divided. A new split is created everytime the prior split is full.. You were just the extra car in that split that just went full. Or also because you have the least points that's why you fell to that extra split when the prior split went full. Any of the two reasons can be true.

Sorry, bad english, can't explain things properly... LOL
(09-12-2017, 05:24 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  usually, the first races of a new member turns out like that. I am in that situation too. The first race I did, there were 3 of us. The next race, we were eight. It was discussed in some other thread how the races split. Sadly it is not equally divided. A new split is created everytime the prior split is full.. You were just the extra car in that split that just went full. Or also because you have the least points that's why you fell to that extra split when the prior split went full. Any of the two reasons can be true.

Sorry, bad english, can't explain things properly... LOL

Thanks Neil,

No need to apologize, I understand what you're saying.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can properly sign out of a race until the actual event starts (press the button that will later turn into a green "join" button before it turns into a join button).
If you miss that, you have to participate and finish at least 3 laps.

It happened a few times to me and I usually treat is like "free practice".
I turn my laps, test setups and collect telemetry data to be better prepared for the next event - you can always gain something even when you are alone on the track.
(09-19-2017, 08:32 AM)Dirk Steffen Wrote:  Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can properly sign out of a race until the actual event starts (press the button that will later turn into a green "join" button before it turns into a join button).
If you miss that, you have to participate and finish at least 3 laps.

It happened a few times to me and I usually treat is like "free practice".
I turn my laps, test setups and collect telemetry data to be better prepared for the next event - you can always gain something even when you are alone on the track.

Thanks Dirk,
Had another race at the same time of day [17.00 my time] with only two other drivers so looks like I need to find a more popular time.
I noticed too that the results of that three driver race weren't included in my rating.
Yes Neville, if you tried the Oceana 1600 GMT+8 time slot that is usually empty (bad choice in the time here).
Try the events later in the evening (the BMW M235i 20min races are usually full with people and the Porsche Cup Asia 2200 GMT+8 race is usually well packed).
Really the problem here is that for new players "full of people" isn't the same as a full lobby. If 70 guys sign up , one guy will be racing alone (23+23+23+1=70). It's been beaten to death this subject, i honestly hope this gets ajusted even though i don't have this problem. Can put off new players and its unfortunate.
I had that happen to me on the Croft track. I was the only one that showed for that day and time.
Strangely I still finished last.