Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old racer restarting
Looking forward to some quality laps with y'all. It has been ages since I did online (remember rFactor when it first came out?)

Is there a standard for communicating that  you are new to a track/car? I checked a combination last night and am 15-20% slower. I know how to watch mirrors and stay out of the way but don't want to ruin anyone's season/day. Do you use a high number car or something? Or is there a Captain Slow race series? LOL

Keep the roof on the up side.
Hello, and welcome!

No handicap series, just drive your own race and try to be clean and let the people behind you figure out a way around you if they are faster. Minding the blue flags, of course. If you have a lot faster car behind you for some reason, it would be sensible to allow them an easy pass in a safe spot but it's not mandatory, just good race tactics as the overtake will anyway happen sooner or later. This is what I like to do if I'm slow and not really on par with the lap time.

Useful apps to stay aware of the people around you: helicorsa or similar app Car Radar, and of course Crew Chief spotter program. Also the game's built-in mini-map is handy to see people close behind you. Realtime app also usefull to monitor gaps to people back and front.

Have fun, see you on track!
Yes, Crew Chief and Helicorsa and really useful! Don't worry if you can't keep up with the boys at the front Wink There are some really good racers here on SRS! You can have very fun races anywhere on the grid. Like Ilmari said, just try to drive a clean race, be mindful and enjoy Smile

PS: For Crew Chief, don't forget to turn on the swearing. Jim will get very angry at you if you mess up Wink lol