Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New SOF system?
Returning to racing simracing, after a year, i noticed rating points gained widly varied in the couple of races i joined (for the same result). It was higher when a lot of +700 and some 800 took part. So i was wondering if there is a new strengh of field system in place, like in iRacing for example. Im confident before, you could win 1st split / 94 drivers registered, full of 8 and 900 rating, and the gains were the same as 6 drivers with 300 rating.

It's a great improvement if that's the case.
The rating system wasn't changed.
Ok, then i don't understand why i got double rating for the same race and same result the next day. Something i had never seen before.
I'm assuming the average rating of the drivers you beat was much higher when you got double the rating boost. Incident points also make a difference, so a clean race will give you a higher rating.
(03-18-2022, 12:57 PM)Alexander Persil Wrote:  I'm assuming the average rating of the drivers you beat was much higher when you got double the rating boost. Incident points also make a difference, so a clean race will give you a higher rating.
I remember doing 24 wins in a row, rating gains never varied (0.2 or so) either full high rating split, or more average drivers split. So i was just wondering if anything had changed how now it could be varying between two '102 no inc' exact same race, which would be a great exciting addition if based on the strength of field, but no big deal.
Sometimes if you join a race before your last one updates, it can look like you gained extra rating because you're comparing the wrong start/end ratings. I bet for at least one of those two races you're comparing, you did it immediately before or immediately after another race?
(03-18-2022, 07:54 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  Sometimes if you join a race before your last one updates, it can look like you gained extra rating because you're comparing the wrong start/end ratings. I bet for at least one of those two races you're comparing, you did it immediately before or immediately after another race?
I don't do 2 races in a row usually. Now i think more about it, maybe it's because i lost rating in the first spa race (destroyed T1, last after 10s and many incs), increasing the inc average, then got two wins, lowering it back again. Gains being also indexed on inc averages (i did noticed that already in the past), still can't remember getting 0.4 for a win in a long time.

Anyway, "survive T1", is always the order of the day   Angel