Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody intrested in collaborating for an Assetto Corsa mod?
With the christmas holidays coming up and the extra spare time included with that, I once again feel motivated to create a content mod for Assetto corsa, probably a new track, since I have a bit of experience with that.

I figured that working together on a mod like this would probably be fun, and that there may be someone like minded people here, who'd be interested in collaborating.

In case you are new to Assetto Corsa modding, it basically consists of the creative stage of coming up with a track design, 3D modelling and applying texture, setting the track up for Assetto Corsa with ksEditor and polishing the whole thing.
So if there'd be a team that covers all of these areas, an idividual member that does 3D modelling wouldn't necessarily need to know about e.g. designing textures.
I went through this whole process three times, so I could connect all those areas if somebody without any experience in modding would like to contribute to one of these specific areas of development.

That being said, what I have in mind in terms of organisation would be something like a (maybe public and forkable) moderated GitLab repository, (GitLab because there is a higher repo size limit than with e.g. GitHub or BitBucket) communication via Discord and maybe a Kanban board (e.g. jira).
Don't be intimedated by any of these technologys, they are rather easy to learn and very comfortable to work with. (I'd be willing to give a git crashcourse if necessary)

I'm open to suggestions, since I'd view this as a community project rather than something completly controlled by one person.

Send me a PM if you're interested and feel free to comment on this thread.
Hi there, are you using blender? I made some (ugly) tracks with RTB and I'm trying to get confident with Blender, but for now I can't say I can help. I'd love to get the knowledge to create a track.
What you have in mind? Fictional or real ciricuit?
(12-30-2021, 04:50 PM)Andrea Martelli Wrote:  Hi there, are you using blender? I made some (ugly)  tracks with RTB and I'm trying to get confident with Blender, but for now I can't say I can help. I'd love to get the knowledge to create a track.
What you have in mind? Fictional or real ciricuit?
Yes, I'm using blender, it's a little more effort than RTB but the results are quite good, if you know some tricks (I personally gained my knowledge by watching youtube videos and doing a lot of trial and error).

I'm open to both fictional or real tracks. (though I prefer fictional tracks, since they involve more creative work)

For a lack of other people I haven't started the project yet, because I would prefer to have some sort of group brainstorming about which track to do rather picking one myself and "enforcing" my vision since that'd be missing the point of working as a team.
So you might still be able to contribute at project start if you feel confident enough with blender by then (also, I could help you out a little with the Asssetto Corsa specfic stuff if you know like the basics of blender).
I can't really tell you when the project will be started (I'd like to work at least in a group of 3) since there currently is not really much intrest in it. But I'm willing to wait until the time is right to tackle such a project.
Using GitHub/GitLab might get tricky as the files are binaries, so the underlying version control software won't be able to manage changesets as normal (it will simply have to replace the whole file in each checkin). Google Drive might be a better collaboration environment.

If you get to the point where you're adding CSP lighting, I can lend a hand.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth