Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't join races in the very last second of the countdown!
Those are some excellent ideas, Russel. For me personally, especially 1) would help me attend more races.
How does it stop people from racing if they have to register from their gaming PC?

It seems to me if you're sure you can make it in time for the start of the race, then you should easily be able to make it 5 minutes before too.
(08-23-2021, 01:53 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  How does it stop people from racing if they have to register from their gaming PC?

It seems to me if you're sure you can make it in time for the start of the race, then you should easily be able to make it 5 minutes before too.

Public transport, my friend.
The bus arrives on the hour. Sometimes 5 minutes later, but certainly not 5 minutes earlier.
First world problems, but my simrig is a different PC than I am usually on, so it requires me to boot that thing up and have everything installed correctly before the ??:55 deadline... and sometimes I'm not sure I'll be able to race until the last possible moment. Would be great to just open up a browser on whatever device I have quick access to and click a button to get me on the list, whether I have everything installed correctly or not. 20 minute races give you ~15 minutes of grace after the current deadline comes and goes to get everything in order and make it to grid time with practice and qualifying.

The trick would be that without being on the PC you are going to race from, there's no way SRS can know which livery (or car, in multicar races) to sign you up to use... which is probably why this isn't even in the cards. My list was "ideally" not "realistically". Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Liveries would work if SRS could use a cloud based platform like trading paints. I wonder how hard it would be to intergrate into SRS...
Maybe we should consider having less serieses next season...
With the current participation numbers, we are definitely trying to spread too little butter over too much toast. There are several things SRS could do to boost single race participation, but it would mean changing status quo, which I don't see happening. I wouldn't mind making every race a 2 hour time slot. The first hour could be an official practice session. And the second hour can host the race. That would give us only half the races per day, but perhaps it will fill them more. Having every daily series take place 7 time/day is not necessary, as we get only 2 or 3 official races as it is.
I think that is a great idea. It would give people a platform to socialize before a race. Also training with others on track might result in even better races.
In case anyone missed yesterdays announcement, you can now register for any race taking place on the weekly schedule. No limit how many races you register for. That's really good news, much better than just being able to register for a single upcoming race. I hope that will boost participation numbers, if people can now plan their races better.