Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancer EVO VIII championship
Hi everyone,

On Wednesdays, SRS will be hosting a new Lancer Evo VIII Time Trial championship. The Mitsubishi is an extremely quick, AWD, turbocharged monster and is lots of fun to drive. Its fuel consumption seems to add an additional tactical dimension to the race. According to my test runs, running at 100% boost will leave you one lap short of the finish line. So be sure to map that turbo increase/decrease button. What will be your approach? Coasting before braking zones? Refuelling? Or decreasing the turbo in technical track sections? I would love to hear your opinions.

Here are the results from 2020: https://www.simracingsystem.com/myracess...d=kby5stmZ

Edit: Well, it appears a pit stop for 7L will add roughly 20s to the finish time, whereas saving fuel ends up being 3s/lap slower (for me) over a 10 lap race. Refuelling, even in a sprint race, is the way to go!
In the end, the championship was decided in the last race. Philip Clegg managed to win the race by saving fuel.
A 3rd place finish would have been enough for Robert Duplantier. Two incident points for him, however, mean that Philip is the championship winner!

Here they are fighting for position: P1 is Philip, P2 is Robert, Michael Martin and me in the background.

[Image: ggYrHRel.jpg]

Refuelling turned out to be the quickest in Spa, Road America, and Watkins Glenn. Saving fuel was faster in Montreal, Imola, and Mugello.
Compared to other sprint races on SRS, having different strategies for each race was fun and unique. Sadly, half the grid was unaware so the finish times were spread out more than usual.