Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS Team Championship - 2nd Edition
Hi guys,
First of all, thanks to everyone who participated at the first edition of this Team Championship!
It’s been fun to do it and we hope it was also joining it. At least we guess we kept the promise that there were no duties for the teams involved except than subscribing and racing.
For the upcoming second edition, after reading the poll’s suggestions and compatibly with our time availability on managing all the related stuff and with our intention to keep the regulation simple, there will be one major and two minor changes:

1) The Team Championship will be extended to all the daily series. That means that there will be three separated championships, if the minimum number of 4 teams per championship is reached. If less than 4 teams will subscribe, the championship for that series will be aborted.

2) Races with 0 points (DNF) will not be counted in the final week score – a.k.a. “the Faber rule” Big Grin.

3) In a race with 8 or less participants, 2 points will be subtracted from the final score in that race; in a race from 9 to 11 participants, 1 point will be subtracted from the final score in that race. Note: the number of participants will not include the DNF. If 9 racers subscribed and only 6 actually joined the race, they will be counted 6 racers.

Everything else from the Regulation - https://www.4funsimracing.com/rules-srs-team-champs/ - will remain as it is.

We wait you all for the new championship(s), so don’t forget to subscribe before Friday, 26th by contacting us – Dario Bucalo, Gianluca Roncaglia, Omer Kinay, Matteo Venuti - on Discord, via PM or in the Contact Us section of the 4Fun Sim Racing team site.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Greeeeaat Gianluca

I like the new regulation. Will make it more "legit" punishing those "less drivers races" to achieve easier points.

(03-19-2021, 04:00 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  
Hi guys,
First of all, thanks to everyone who participated at the first edition of this Team Championship!
It’s been fun to do it and we hope it was also joining it. At least we guess we kept the promise that there were no duties for the teams involved except than subscribing and racing.
For the upcoming second edition, after reading the poll’s suggestions and compatibly with our time availability on managing all the related stuff and with our intention to keep the regulation simple, there will be one major and two minor changes:

1) The Team Championship will be extended to all the daily series. That means that there will be three separated championships, if the minimum number of 4 teams per championship is reached. If less than 4 teams will subscribe, the championship for that series will be aborted.

2) Races with 0 points (DNF) will not be counted in the final week score – a.k.a. “the Faber rule” Big Grin.

3) In a race with 8 or less participants, 2 points will be subtracted from the final score in that race; in a race from 9 to 11 participants, 1 point will be subtracted from the final score in that race. Note: the number of participants will not include the DNF. If 9 racers subscribed and only 6 actually joined the race, they will be counted 6 racers.

Everything else from the Regulation - https://www.4funsimracing.com/rules-srs-team-champs/ - will remain as it is.

We wait you all for the new championship(s), so don’t forget to subscribe before Friday, 26th by contacting us – Dario Bucalo, Gianluca Roncaglia, Omer Kinay, Matteo Venuti - on Discord, via PM or in the Contact Us section of the 4Fun Sim Racing team site.
Anybody wanna be my team mate? I'm not sure what's the best way to find a partner so I figured I'd just ask here...

I'm fairly quick on track and I'm ranked in the top 50 of srs at the moment. I'd say I'm fairly good at setups (in cars without aero) but not the best. I'd like to aim for top spot on the team championship podium. If you can commit, and have a positive attitude I won't say no to anyone who asks to be my partner.

I'm not interested in running the RSS formula 3 at all btw. I would run the bmw in the BTCC series, and I really like the BMW 235i series as well.
Just few more words to advise that eveyone that would like to join the Team Championship but has no teammates so far is welcomed to let us know. 
If possible, we'll try to put in contact people asking for it.
Thanks!
I'd like to take part, but I'm not sure I'll be racing regularly, and I may perform badly. If someone wants to do it for fun and doesn't care too much about probably not winning, let me know :-)
It's all for fun.

TPC will be doing it again. Were just trying to work out who's going to drive what. May be a few 2 driver teams to up the difficulty. With Sergio watching from his spaceship.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(03-22-2021, 02:35 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  It's all for fun.

TPC will be doing it again. Were just trying to work out who's going to drive what. May be a few 2 driver teams to up the difficulty. With Sergio watching from his spaceship.
Hope he will not destroy the opponents' cars with laser beams.
Hi guys,

A little note on this rule: 
4) Races with 0 points (tecnical or personal reasons or DNF) will not be counted in the final week score – a.k.a. “the Faber rule”; 
It only applies in case a registered racer doesn't start that race at all. In case of leaving a started race, for whatever reason, the points will be counted. 
(We had to discuss it since there was a grey area - Dario had a connection issue in a BTCC race before lap 2 collecting 0 points)

This is in order to avoid "disconnections" after a bad start dropping in the last positions. Rule in the Regulation section edited. 

Thanks and sorry for the adjustment!
(03-23-2021, 05:58 AM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  
Hi guys,

A little note on this rule: 
4) Races with 0 points (tecnical or personal reasons or DNF) will not be counted in the final week score – a.k.a. “the Faber rule”; 
It only applies in case a registered racer doesn't start that race at all. In case of leaving a started race, for whatever reason, the points will be counted. 
(We had to discuss it since there was a grey area - Dario had a connection issue in a BTCC race before lap 2 collecting 0 points)

This is in order to avoid "disconnections" after a bad start dropping in the last positions. Rule in the Regulation section edited. 

Thanks and sorry for the adjustment!

After a further analysis of the "Faber Rule", in order to cover the regulatory gap between the case of the pilot who does not start (DNF) and that of the pilot who manages to complete 3 laps (obtaining the score) before a disconnection, in the regulation the following addition has been introduced: 

The driver who takes part in the race disconnects after the start before completing 2 laps, will receive the score corresponding to the final position in place of 0 pts., to which any points due to incidents will in any case be deducted. 

This addition was made in the interest of those who suffer a disconnection by assuring them the minimum score relative to their final position in place of an excessively penalizing zero, still descouraging voluntary "disconnections" after a bad start.

We deeply apologize for the further modification, although always trying to find the best and most balanced solution for the correct functioning of the competition, we're not perfect 
J

Thank you!