Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Regulations Reminder
Information 
Having just driven in the Lotus Exos race at Imola, I feel the need to remind those taking part about the race regulations, which were clearly ignored by several drivers:
"NEVER DRIVE THE WRONG WAY!!

ABUSIVE CONTACT BETWEEN VEHICLES IS FORBIDDEN!

DO NOT CAUSE ACCIDENTS ON WARMUP LAPS!

RESPECT YELLOW AND BLUE FLAGS!

MAINTAIN AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON THE TRACK!

CHAT IS NOT ALLOWED!"
The page is found here: http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
I wasted nearly a whole lap trying to get past 1 driver who was a lap down.  Just try to be aware, race fairly... you will get great satisfaction from driving hard, but fair.
For those who want to see how to deal with someone who is lapping you in a proper manner, play back the replay of the race... watch drivers like Paul Hirigoyen, or Robin Dolezal... true racers and true gentlemen. 
Regards, -- Joe.
Wink 
You're welcome Joe.
Glad to know I'm at least skilled at being overlapped   Tongue

Nevertheless, I'd prefer nobody watch my performance at this very race Confused : it was quite catastrophic and I had to pit (but not entirely my fault for my defense  Angel ).

But yes, a little reminder won't do any bad (even if it's displayed on each and every connection on the servers).

May I add a remark for my fellow racers : whenever you're serving a penalty, waiting for an opponent you pushed off the track (kudos to you), or have to slow down drastically, please do it off the racing line when possible. You'll have my gratitude (and everyone's)

As for slow down penalties, remember you have till the end of the current lap to serve them : no need to nearly stop immediatly on the road
(at least for the ones I had to do in my career here: don't remember if immediate slowdowns exist in Assetto like in PCars)

My two cents.

Anyway, see you all on track and let's keep it fun.
True that, I saw that a lot of people cant serve penalty at all.

Most of the people, when they see they got a penalty, they slow down immediately to 35km/h without reading full message and seeing that there is also another option like slow down for 5 seconds, what means that you just have to release the throttle pedal for 5 seconds.. and if you time it well, you will lose only few tenths of a second. Like, time it to slow down earlier before braking into a corner.. I remember Imola when I received 5 second slow down penalty, I just slowed down earlier before braking into the last two corners and I lost only 3 or 4 tenths of a second..
NEVER GIVE UP!
That's true Marek, though I was keeping that quiet so I had some advantage  Wink

"Best" immediate slow down I saw was at Spa just after Eau Rouge!
also, watch out for ian wigan, i've seen him drive the last 2 exos races and he's a danger on the track.

not suited yet for SRS, needs to do some more offline practice...
And please ladies and gentlemen, if you spun in the middle of the track, pls don't move your car until it's save to do so. This gives your fellow racers a chance to drive safely around you without making an even bigger mess. So if you wouldn't mind, watch your mirrors and use an app like LiveCar Tracker or SubStanding.
(08-10-2017, 10:08 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  That's true Marek, though I was keeping that quiet so I had some advantage  Wink

"Best" immediate slow down I saw was at Spa just after Eau Rouge!

haha same here, I was keeping it quiet cuz of that reason too  Big Grin Big Grin 

And about Ian Wigan, true, true, and true... in every race I saw him he was trouble for the others when they were lapping him etc., he didnt do anything bad to me yet, so I couldnt report him.. but he should practice more offline or on public, for sure not here..
NEVER GIVE UP!
to all those moaning about my driving. i at least abide by the rules. i ackowledge blue and yellow flags i let cars past. if im involved in a crash i let the other driver go first. i look before rejoining track. if im involved in any accident i appologies either in chat or via private message. there are racers out there who force you of track dont abige by any rules why not report them? as for those poating on the board etc about me i suppose your perfect and so good your a profexional who ferrari or mc laren are signing up. oh instead of moaning on the boards about me in the hope id not see it inbox me or go get lost you know who you are.

(08-11-2017, 07:16 PM)Ian Wigan Wrote:  to all those moaning about my driving. i at least abide by the rules. i ackowledge blue and yellow flags i let cars past. if im involved in a crash i let the other driver go first. i look before rejoining track. if im involved in any accident i appologies either in chat or via private message. there are racers out there who force you of track dont abige by any rules why not report them? as for those poating on the board etc about me i suppose your perfect and so good your a profexional who ferrari or mc laren are signing up. oh instead of moaning on the boards about me in the hope id not see it inbox me or go get lost you know who you are.
[i]Best wishes see you on track Ian.[/i]
(08-11-2017, 07:16 PM)Ian Wigan Wrote:  to all those moaning about my driving. i at least abide by the rules. i ackowledge blue and yellow flags i let cars past. if im involved in a crash i let the other driver go first. i look before rejoining track. if im involved in any accident i appologies either in chat or via private message. there are racers out there who force you of track dont abige by any rules why not report them? as for those poating on the board etc about me i suppose your perfect and so good your a profexional who ferrari or mc laren are signing up. oh instead of moaning on the boards about me in the hope id not see it inbox me or go get lost you know who you are.

i dont think that understanding a blue flag means that you are staying in ideal racing line when letting the faster car go... thats what happend to me with you at Tatuus Snetterton race and I spun because of that
NEVER GIVE UP!
You're a fine one to criticise about ideal lines Marek Vons... watch yourself screwing up my qualifying the other day (enjoy Ian Wigan):