Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Regulations Reminder
Actually guys staying on line is a good idea as it makes you predictable and hopefully easy to overtake.  I often will slow down a bit on a straight to ease the overtaking by lapping car, believe me I've had a lot of practice.

The thing is that some times when faster guys come up to lap, there is a lack of respect the other way as well.  I have certainly been pushed off the track by someone not willing to wait for a good opportunity to lap me.  Remember the slow guys are in a race as well, and are trying to go as fast as they can, and could be in their own battle.

I highly recommend all racers to look at the following pages.
http://www.minorating.com/Rules
http://www.minorating.com/Ettiquette

I think the most important thing is to be aware of what is going on around you.  I always have Helicorsa and Realtime apps open so I can tell what's going on around me.
(08-11-2017, 10:57 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  You're a fine one to criticise about ideal lines Marek Vons... watch yourself screwing up my qualifying the other day (enjoy Ian Wigan):
Exactley far from perfect even by my standards i can see the faults in his driving rather than them being pure mistakes its total disrespect for race regulations and rules
[i]Best wishes see you on track Ian.[/i]
(08-11-2017, 10:57 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  You're a fine one to criticise about ideal lines Marek Vons... watch yourself screwing up my qualifying the other day (enjoy Ian Wigan):

Joe, where exactly did I slowed you down? In the outlap, when we touched, you knew that I am inside, and you still turned and thats why we touched. Your last corner spin is not at all my mistake, you were the car in the back and you could slow down to get some space. Then, yes my lap was invalid during the 1st hotlap, but you were too far, if you would come closer I would let you go, but you were too far and there is no chance that I made your lap worse. The 2nd hotlap was invalidated for me when I went wide in turn 1, so you are completely wrong there, too, it was a good lap and the time counted. Why dont you show us your mistakes in outlaps where you slowed down someone else? I saw someone whining about your outlap, that you didnt make way for some hotlapper... Also, in your protest video against Luca Bortot, time 0:53, that doesnt look like a save re-entry to me. Where is your etiquette? Its easy to whine about others and show only the videos which make you the best, but it can be at least 50/50. In the top 62 people in rating, you are the one with the biggest incident average btw

And Ian, please.. as I am watching the results from thursdays RSR, you are lapping 13 seconds slower than the first guys and 8 seconds slower than the guy in front of you. Im not perfect, but that is on the edge with some quali limit, if it would be applicated here, but its not.. And also, think twice before you will call me a coward in private messages and inviting me to kiss your ....., and also threatening me that these talks here are slander and they are against the law, i mean... how old are you?
NEVER GIVE UP!
Marek, my incident average was high because when I joined SRS in February I mistakenly thought it was going to be pro drivers emulating real track racing. I had to learn that there are drivers like you who bring the "need for speed" element to SRS... In the re-entry in my protest that you refer to, I looked at the oncoming traffic and got across track and off the racing line well before anyone got there, with no contact... and without deliberately trying to block anyone.

I've never had a protest against me... I've made genuine mistakes, but always made a public and private apology when I have.

-- Joe.
(08-12-2017, 11:28 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  

Joe, where exactly did I slowed you down? In the outlap, when we touched, you knew that I am inside, and you still turned and thats why we touched. Your last corner spin is not at all my mistake, you were the car in the back and you could slow down to get some space. Then, yes my lap was invalid during the 1st hotlap, but you were too far, if you would come closer I would let you go, but you were too far and there is no chance that I made your lap worse. The 2nd hotlap was invalidated for me when I went wide in turn 1, so you are completely wrong there, too, it was a good lap and the time counted. Why dont you show us your mistakes in outlaps where you slowed down someone else? I saw someone whining about your outlap, that you didnt make way for some hotlapper... Also, in your protest video against Luca Bortot, time 0:53, that doesnt look like a save re-entry to me. Where is your etiquette? Its easy to whine about others and show only the videos which make you the best, but it can be at least 50/50. In the top 62 people in rating, you are the one with the biggest incident average btw

And Ian, please.. as I am watching the results from thursdays RSR, you are lapping 13 seconds slower than the first guys and 8 seconds slower than the guy in front of you. Im not perfect, but that is on the edge with some quali limit, if it would be applicated here, but its not.. And also, think twice before you will call me a coward in private messages and inviting me to kiss your ....., and also threatening me that these talks here are slander and they are against the law, i mean... how old are you?
What you said Marek was slander but there you go in the past with me. Just try making allwoances were not all as fast as one another and as long as we pull over for faster cars then fine. But why arnt you a pro racer lol
[i]Best wishes see you on track Ian.[/i]
(08-12-2017, 01:59 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  Marek, my incident average was high because when I joined SRS in February I mistakenly thought it was going to be pro drivers emulating real track racing.  I had to learn that there are drivers like you who bring the "need for speed" element to SRS... In the re-entry in my protest that you refer to, I looked at the oncoming traffic and got across track and off the racing line well before anyone got there, with no contact... and without deliberately trying to block anyone.

I've never had a protest against me... I've made genuine mistakes,  but always made a public and private apology when I have.

-- Joe.

I never had protest against me, too. I just explained you things about that qualifying, I didnt ruin your lap, and I didnt slow you down. If you would be right on my tail, I was prepared to let you go, but I saw in the mirror that you are too far, and behind you was a big traffic so I didnt see a reason to let you go, when I was pulling away from you.

Ian, why would I have to be pro racer? You got the money for me to be a pro racer? Cuz you need a lot of it for that.. and pro racing teams are looking at SRS to find drivers, no reason for that.. so I dont understand what are you trying to tell me here
NEVER GIVE UP!
we need to not be name calling on forums. Its petty and brings the whole system down. The way I see it is, no ones driving is perfect. If its a protestable offence, protest it. If not then suck it up.

This is exactly why i like Joe Blow's original post, it doesnt name call. Merely reminds everyone of the rules and regs.

Ian, try adhere to the rules and regs, ignore the moany people above. I dunno if you did or didnt do anything wrong, but if it was protestable then you'd soon know. SO dont worry about it.
SX Racing Youtube: bit.ly/SxRacing
Marek, if you knew anything about racing, you would know that racing with other cars in qualifying is frowned upon... the time to race is in the actual race. At the end of someone's outlap in qualifying is not the time to go diving down the inside of someone who is preparing for their qualifying lap. The actual racers here would leave space between themselves and a competitive car in front, to allow both to set their lap, without trying to race or hinder or distract.
-- Joe.
(08-12-2017, 05:49 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  Marek, if you knew anything about racing, you would know that racing with other cars in qualifying is frowned upon... the time to race is in the actual race.  At the end of someone's outlap in qualifying is not the time to go diving down the inside of someone who is preparing for their qualifying lap.  The actual racers here would leave space between themselves and a competitive car in front, to allow both to set their lap, without trying to race or hinder or distract.
-- Joe.

Well, never happened to me that someone behind me left some space for me in quali so thats why im doing the same
NEVER GIVE UP!
(08-12-2017, 07:34 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  [quote pid='3786' dateline='1502560154']
"Well, never happened to me that someone behind me left some space for me in quali so thats why im doing the same"

[/quote]
... and there you have it... the whole problem... as a higher ranking driver, you have to show some sort of example to the newer drivers, otherwise it will be nothing more than a bunch of idiot gamers ploughing their way round.  I think I speak for many here, who come here looking for something that slightly resembles real racing, hence the yellow flags, blue flags, the regulations of SRS, etc.
-- Joe.