Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WORKAROUND FOUND (Bug)] Tatuus FA01 AC - BaseSkin Not uploading
Hi all,
Designed a livery for the Tatuus races but discovered SRSTV was using the base Livery. On further inspection (checking streamer's vods, asking other members to look in their folders) I discovered that the base livery wasn't being uploaded through SRSSkin. Everything else was loading perfectly fine. Included below are images to support my troubleshooting. Even further below are the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. I'm also attaching the offending DDS files that should be uploaded but aren't (EDIT: Turns out the forum doesn't like DDS files, so they're included as a zip).
https://imgur.com/a/4N2hihc

1) Reboot Assetto Corsa. SRSSkin just tells me skin is OK.
2) Altering the folder to force a re-upload. (Deleting and reinserting the folder, renaming the folder then naming it back etc). SRSSkin will tell me the skin has been updated.
3) Making Tiny adjustments to SkinBase (IE change mirror colours) to try and force SRSSkin to recognise a new copy. SRSSkin will tell me the skin is OK, almost like it's not even noticed the new dds.
4) Simplifying with removal of unnecessary items. IE removing skin.ini, skin_ui and Tatus BASE_SPC.dds. "Skin has been updated"
I'm hoping someone has an idea as to why skinbase is not uploading this time when SRSSkin has never presented problems before? Anyone had similar issues / know a fix?

Attached Files
.zip   offenders.zip (Size: 607.41 KB / Downloads: 2)
Updating because I found the problem in case someone else has the same issue. When exporting I was saving the file as a .DSS, rather than a .dss . My computer still saw this as a .dss so it could use the file locally fine, but It looks like SRSSkin didn't recognise the file as a .dss because it was capitalised. Replaced the capitals and forced another skin update, now works fine!
Good work Cameron!

Perhaps this should be added to the skin instructions until the app can be updated.