Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Limit regulation
Hi!

Im just wondering what the Track Limit regulation is in general?

I've heard different rules;
1. Like two wheels outside the white line is ok, so in practical you can ran 2 wheels off and the other pair on the line and you don't get any penalties from that?
2. More than 50% of the car needs to be onside of the track.

* Sometimes it seems to be local regulations and different due to which car classification you compete in, is that correct?

What is the general correct track limit rule?
I really want to know to be correct at the track so I can race with Fair-Play. I can admit that I've done wrong on especially at one track but want to do it right!

Tnx in advance!
/Henrik
There is no official statement on this but I personally try to keep two wheels inside the white line and keep a bit of a safety maring.

Exceeding track limits on purpose to get an advantage is definitely protestable though.

Quote:* Sometimes it seems to be local regulations and different due to which car classification you compete in, is that correct?

If those things get protested the stewards decide from case to case and I guess they also take into account which kind of car and track was being used, yes.

Just decide by your own judgement and try to be fair. In case the stewards disagree with your interpretation of "being fair" I don't think anything major would happen if it's your first offense, so don't worry too much.

Here's another recent thread on that topic in case you didn't see it and want some further information on how those discussion went on the past: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...?tid=10177
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(01-07-2021, 12:33 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  There is no official statement on this but I personally try to keep two wheels inside the white line and keep a bit of a safety maring.

SRS rules states no more than 2 wheels off track so as long as the the other two are on track your ok. Some tracks dont have reliable track limits so only a protest will highlight. But i would say only protest this if it is a consistent braking of track limits for unfair advantage. 
It's going to be threadception soon, people linking threads, within threads, within threads, within.... All because of the Red Bull Ring  Big Grin
I pretty much asked this same question a few days ago. 
It is about 4 threads down. You can read the replies there and it will probably answer your questions.