Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st ACC GT3 Misano Race -wasnt what I expected!
Just completed the ACC race with the GT3 2018 pack. I bought ACC but never really used it up to now. I spent the day trying different cars and setting ACC up to my liking on the Misano track using standard setups and wow this game has got good but I am so far off the pace - oh well more practicing.
The race started at night so that was a surprise and the track must have been cold as it was tough to stay on the track was slippery as hell and the braking distances were much longer and cornering slower! Caught most of us out. The night race was a server set up error and the SRS devs immediately after the race apologised! Wow that was cool, thanks SRS but I really enjoyed it in the end I just would like to know next time  Smile
Some comments:
5 people joined our race from 7 that subscribed so not bad for the first one in US time. 
The app is easy to use and easy to register so no issues there.
You have to choose the car you want in ACC before you join the race from ACC and use the proper car number as displayed in ACC (well that's what I did and it worked)
Looking forward to doing more of these great ACC races.........
Misano has been one of the toughest tracks I’ve learned in ACc, especially because the track limits and, as you said, the slippery surface. I wish NA time can see full grids soon!
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Big Grin Yeah, after doing so much GT3 racing in AC, I was surprised to find I was usually a full gear lower in ACC around the same courses in similar cars. But once you're used to it, ACC is such a good sim to drive. I'm looking forward to these series picking up here soon.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
The night drive is a challenge!
On the first lap into the dark was a 10-sec stretch of being utterly lost... I saw two apexes come out of the dark and had no idea which one to head for!
Sorry Martin, I had to lift causing you to bang into me (but at least you didn't get incident points for it!). Looking forward to daytime again Shy
(12-21-2020, 03:26 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  The night drive is a challenge!
On the first lap into the dark was a 10-sec stretch of being utterly lost... I saw two apexes come out of the dark and had no idea which one to head for!
Sorry Martin, I had to lift causing you to bang into me (but at least you didn't get incident points for it!). Looking forward to daytime again Shy

Hi Rob you beat me to it I was going to apologise for hitting you in the rear. I was surprised and couldnt avoid you. The track was soooo slippery and not seeing the apex meant it was really tough. At night it all looked completely different! So I learned something. If we do more night races you cannot rely on just learning the track in the day time!

Loving the sim and having trouble choosing a car to drive as they are all so good. But normally cars seem to rise to the top and I am guessing these will be the Porsche, Ferrari and Bentley? No idea as the sim is pretty new to me even though I owned it from pre-release but never liked it as much as AC back then and the AI was really average.
You'll find some cars pretty good in some tracks and not in others. For example BMW is great at Laguna but you'll struggle to be competitive in the other tracks. It has a learning curve to know about all cars/tracks combo. I try to use each season the same car to get used to it, but sometimes it's a problem when you go to some "bad tracks" for your car.
(12-21-2020, 04:28 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  You'll find some cars pretty good in some tracks and not in others. For example BMW is great at Laguna but you'll struggle to be competitive in the other tracks. It has a learning curve to know about all cars/tracks combo. I try to use each season the same car to get used to it, but sometimes it's a problem when you go to some "bad tracks" for your car.

Sergio thats what I would like to do - use the same car for a season so that I get used to it and can mess around with the setup for each track. Trouble is that I tried so many and all of them are good and I loved the Nissan but it was the slowest for me of the ones I tested. The Bentley turned out to be the fastest for me and most drivable but then loads of people were using it and I like a really mixed grid!
I've tried half of the cars in 1 year lol Ferrari is the car that most fit with my style but I like to use the car I'm driving in other leagues in each moment, and I'd like to drive all of them, I don't like to use the OP cars for each track either.