Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Cup
...........QUOTE: " Think softs are marginal for this race?"

I can't see much difference in softs and hards, unless you have your track conditions exactly the same as SRS, it's hard to tell. I run hard personally and manage to get top 5 and a few 2nd places at Zandvoort. No wins sadly..lol ....I do see a fastest lap recorded for me in the top 4... 01:46.5 http://www.simracingsystem.com/lapscores...d=lbe4ptmm Don't forget to map that KERS button for P2P. and use it all at least once a lap and a few more times when possible.
Will miss the 7pm, have to do food shop.

Thats a good lap. I can get to within a second of fastest laps usually.

I think there should be a notice that comes up explaining p2p the amount of times people ask.

The fuel question comes up so often iv've put it on my skin.

The srs server must be colder than default. I'm really cooking the front left and very rarely have tyre trouble.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Just wanted to call out a Mr. Rubén Calleja this morning. After making a minor mistake that put him off track at the chicane, he gave me a bump which prevented me from making a successful pass. He then waited until a safe moment on the straight at Zandvoort and graciously gave me the position before the end of the race. With the occasional complaints about questionable driving that we hear about here on the forums, I thought I'd balance it out with a tale of good sportsmanship which lead me to a fine 7th place finish of which I am quite happy with. Cheers, Rubén!

Sidenote: I am disappointed that I did not restart my game after the SRS skin app told me there were new skins. Not until I just watched the replay that I notice that Rubén's Audi skin is mesmerizing. I wonder if the skin is designed to distract drivers behind with its amazingness. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(02-21-2018, 02:53 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Sidenote: I am disappointed that I did not restart my game after the SRS skin app told me there were new skins. Not until I just watched the replay that I notice that Rubén's Audi skin is mesmerizing. I wonder if the skin is designed to distract drivers behind with its amazingness. Big Grin
That's the SimDeep skin, by Afonso Quehlas Big Grin

Thanks for the sportsmanship tale. I've awed myself for a while at the people who have let me by after sending me out until I finally started practicing it myself. No harder thing to do as waiting for someone I just took out as other cars rush me by. Seconds seem minutes! Since I practice this I've had less and less incidents. They are so expensive to make!!
Changed my mind on this series. Just now had an afternoon race after not having chance to race this week. I've never really liked Zandvoort before but having practiced round here in the Audit TT it's really grown on me. Great elevation changes and long radius bends and plenty of bumps and camber changes. The race was pretty good too with only a couple of silly incidents that I could see.

When the racing is good it is good. When it is bad it can be very frustrating. I've had a bad run of luck too. Even this last one didn't go smoothly because I only had 90% throttle when pushed to the floor. I did a couple of laps before the race and my throttle pedal popped apart. I rushed and managed to get it back together in time for the race but think it needed re-calibrating which I assumed would need me to exit the race. After the race I realised all it needed was the wheel turning off and on again ha. Anyway, was a good race aside from this, only a couple of seconds off my normal pace and I didn't come last.
First race of the week at Brands Hatch, too few drivers to let the race rank but (for a brief time) I'm 1st in the fastest lap ranking at 01:32.327 haha. Should be a good week of racing, Brands is always fun.
Been looking forward to Brands. Paddock is one of those turns that feels so good when you get it right. The barrier seems like such a long way from the track but it comes fast when it goes wrong.
Well done on the lap time. Give us a Target to practice for Smile
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Nice. Looks like I'll be a round that week. I just love that track.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
It's a fun car. Drives like a truck. It kind of looks like a truck actually... Anyways, easy to handle and makes for good pack racing.
(02-26-2018, 06:58 PM)Mike Waltz Wrote:  It's a fun car.  Drives like a truck.  It kind of looks like a truck actually...  Anyways, easy to handle and makes for good pack racing.

Drives better with time behind the wheel. Also rear wing at 0 helped a lot for me. It is good for tight racing though. Minor off tracks and hitting curbs don't end your race so you can go 2 or 3 cars wide sometimes.

Got stuck 10 seconds behind the back of the pack after getting spun off at Graham Hill bend on lap 1 and spent the race catching up. Ended 10th by a foot, which I'm sure Daniele was pretty gutted about ha.

[Image: Screenshotksaudittcu.jpg]