Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotus 25
I forget where this setup came from.  I think the original author might have been Mathieu Labbe.  I found it in my Spa folder.  Gearing, tire pressure, and fuel have been altered slightly to suit Brands.  I am sure there are better setups, but this is definitely easier to drive than the default setup.  I hope this can help some people love the Lotus.

Attached Files
.zip   20min.zip (Size: 463 bytes / Downloads: 128)
Thank you. I'll give it a whirl.
Thanks! Been driving it yesterday evening and got really frustated with the understeer. Will definately give it a go and see i can improve on my 1.45.9....
One thing I know that helps is to drive a little like the 250F. You brake early, "throw" the wheel to get it to rotate, and then get back on the throttle and it will turn. Most of the steering is done with the throttle. It doesn't have a huge amount of power, so you have to be in a "low" enough gear for this to work...
Great setup. I went from a 01:45:9xxx to a 01:44:9xx and it wasn't even a clean lap.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks for the setup, feels good. Was able to run in 2nd place in the last race until my gearbox blew up with a minute to go. How do you guys shift gears in this car? I've been only using the clutch on upshifts and then left foot braking and blipping the throttle on downshifts. That's supposedly how they did it in real life, and also how you drive the L49 in iRacing IIRC, but clearly it didn't work out in this case. Maybe I just need better technique? Are you guys using heel and toe for downshifting? Auto clutch?
I heel and toe. I think you need the clutch. Pics I have seen of the 25 show the gas and brake pedals almost touching each other, so it's probably a right foot car.
Thanks for the tip. For some reason my damage indicator wasn't showing up, but if I can get it turned back on, I think what I'll do is left foot brake and downshift without the clutch until the transmission is somewhat damaged, then switch to heel and toe for the rest of the race. That probably sounds like a stupid strategy coming from someone who just blew up a gearbox, but hey, I almost made it last time!
(02-14-2018, 11:50 PM)Clyde Deringer Wrote:  Thanks for the tip.  For some reason my damage indicator wasn't showing up, but if I can get it turned back on, I think what I'll do is left foot brake and downshift without the clutch until the transmission is somewhat damaged, then switch to heel and toe for the rest of the race.  That probably sounds like a stupid strategy coming from someone who just blew up a gearbox, but hey, I almost made it last time!

Big Grin Big Grin

Tried you you downshifting trick and it actually works. But it is also really easy to get it wrong. I guess heel toe is the way to go. But I'm having a hard time to master that as well. I'm just so much more comfortable braking with my left foot. Don't know if this helps, but I lowered the braking force on my DIY loadcell brake quite a bit, by doing so I'm able to hold a decent/max pressure while blipping. But still I find it quite a challenge to really control the brake like I'm used too. I guess practice makes perfect, we'll see. The car is fun to drive for sure.

P.S. Does SRS allow you to use auto clutch and throttle blip on their servers? I don't think I will use it, it kind of brakes the experience, but just wondering. It would seem somewhat unfair if half the field is not doing the heel toe thing.
there is autoclutch, but not autoblip, not everyone have over 300€ rig with clutch, H pattern etc.. i have a Driving Force Pro and i would be angry if there isn't autoclutch.

anyway even with autocluch, in AC, changes with clutch and H pattern are generally faster than paddle shifts, and the autoblip is disabled.