Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA just got the #7 spot in the world !!!
Been watching that ranking for 1 year and it looks like USA has a bit more participation lately. Ive never seen it @ #7 before,,,WOO HOO! Go USA !! wow UK is 4th now ! UK going for that championship rank for top 3... the Italians are dropping like flies.
Where can we find that ranking?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(02-09-2018, 05:43 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:    Where can we find that ranking?

Competition Tab > Current Standings > Road ( first line, on left) > National

(02-09-2018, 04:54 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:    Been watching that ranking for 1 year and it looks like USA has a bit more participation lately. Ive never seen it @ #7 before,,,WOO HOO! Go USA !!

Heart   Good to see the US working it's way up the ladder.  Shame that my rig is down ... I lost all of the last season.  Something has gone REAL wonky with my Logitech G27 steering.  Intermittently the steering dies in the middle of corners. Haven't been able to figure it out so I bought a complete NIB G27 to help with the diagnosis.  It arrived yesterday.  Hopefully, I'll get it up and running, and maybe I can add a little bit. 

My son, Jason, just won the final Toyota/Mazda MX5 race.  He usually runs up front ... but his wife is having their first baby (my first grandchild) in 2 or 3 weeks so I think he's gonna miss a season or two.

Congratualations GrandPappy !    and congrats to your son and his wife on the baby and the win..it's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation !!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin except for the wheel, hope you get that fixed soon.
Purchase Thrustmaster T300RS, sell G27 on ebay for ~200 bucks, never look back. Except to see everyone chasing you on the circuit, of course!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(02-09-2018, 07:43 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

Congratualations GrandPappy !    and congrats to your son and his wife on the baby and the win..it's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation !!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin   except for the wheel, hope you get that fixed soon.
Well, thank you VERY much!  Smile 

Hopefully another road racer will be added to the family.

My oldest son, Jerry, just bought a sim rig.  As soon as he gets the hang of it, I'm sure he'll racing on SRS too!

I wonder how many Father and Son teams there are on SRS.

(02-09-2018, 08:29 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Purchase Thrustmaster T300RS, sell G27 on ebay for ~200 bucks, never look back. Except to see everyone chasing you on the circuit, of course!

Thanks for the good advice.  Hopefully, I can use the NEW G27 to help me diagnosis and repair the one that I have now ... THEN I'll sell both of them on Ebay and hopefully buy something good to replace them.

The frustrating part is ... this has happened before about a year ago, and I fixed it ... BUT ... I simply cannot remember what the fault turned out to be or what the cure was.

This getting old is for the birds, but it does beat the alternative I guess.  Angel
I like the idea of father/son teams...my son says he wants to race me one day.....I said, "you better try a wheel first, instead of that xbox controller"...lol...G27's are good, they are like the "truck" of racing wheels. they get lots of miles and sometimes they break down.
(02-09-2018, 09:55 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  I like the idea of father/son teams...my son says he wants to race me one day.....I said, "you better try a wheel first, instead of that xbox controller"...lol...G27's are good, they are like the "truck" of racing wheels. they get lots of miles and sometimes they break down.

Back in the 70's/80's when I was racing MGB's on the East Coast, I used to drag both of my boys along.  The whole family would camp out.  At Bridgehampton my youngest would sit up on the hill overlooking turn One and wave like crazy when I went past and I'd wave back, unless I was busy.  Over 35 years ago.  What great memories.

Now Jason is at least 2-3 seconds faster than me on almost every track, and I know that Jerry will be just as fast. But I'm a lot closer to 70 now than I used to be.
That's an awesome story Ted ! Sounds like you have some good memories. I'm 54 myself and this is the closest to the real thing as I'm ever going to get probably...LOL Big Grin
WE'RE #7
U-S-A U-S-A