Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscription
The service that SRS provides us is just A1 class, so here is my question.
Should SRS promote a subscription service, like monthly, annually, not as expensive as IRacing for sure, but some where in the middle.
Give free racing to people who are new, what to learn, but up it a level to the people that pay for 1st class racing?
I know for sure I would pay for this kind of service on a higher level, without having to re-mortgage my house.

Just a thought?
I already suggested it in another thread. I would pay for it.

I love SRS, and really appreciate the work admins though, although I wish they were more agile responding to feedback and introducing new stuff to make it even better. I assume it takes already a lot of work to keep this going, so I would gladly pay in the range of 10-20 euro per year easily to allow admins to pour some more time and work here.

Regards,
Javier
I think a donation system would be best. Otherwise we might end up with an us and them feeling.
Subscription creates demand. I mean, literally... Demanding to fix unwanted rating calculations, What cars to race on what time slot.... etc... ADS are everywhere around here, which is not a bad thing. If that keeps the service free, then I don't wanna shoot it down. I was in that thread too, the donations will do if you are very happy. Give what you think SRS deserves. But like I suggested there too, no strings attached. No demands, no thank you. No removal of ads, etc. Just try to improve on some areas like commented broadcast, better rating system to lessen "whining" threads, and some sort of safety rating that will decide if a driver is good enough to race certain cars, and were good...

Currently, some races have ratings requirements like 200 or 500... What's nice to have is make it check all 3 stats, like minimum 3.0 or 2.0 incident average, minimum of 20 races raced in SRS servers and any given rating like again, 200 to 500 maybe even 800... this formula would take away the comments that noobs can race with the regulars because it was easy to do so.

To the topic... free sounds better any day of the week. But I will not disagree if someday subscriptions will be required. As long as it's reasonable of course.
I don't think subscriptions would be a good idea at this stage. It then becomes a 'business' and subscribers will demand things as paying customers. It would be the same for a small minority of donators too if donating was an option. I'm personally not against donating, I would like to contribute to this excellent service, but having been on the other side of the fence before I can say it does have its downside and puts pressure on the owners to do things that they might not otherwise want to do, and at a pace they might not have time to do it in.
I'm guessing the owners have fulltime jobs, families, other interests etc. Making this a subscription service would mean them being at the beck and call of their customers, and I don't think enough people would pay up to allow them to make this their fulltime job.
I would like to congratulate them on managing to do all of this for free. There's been a tremendous amount of work put into it and a lot of negotiation with 3rd parties including Kunos themselves, which is no easy task.
I can only hope that the ads cover at least the costs of the servers but I somehow doubt it.
I could imagine that making money with this also makes things veeery complicated. I think they have a certain other service’s lawyers at their door the day after they introduce a payment option.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
SRS is no where near good enough to DEMAND a subscription. Donation ? 100% on that boat.
I don't think there are enough daily racers that we can split the community like that. I couldn't even get an official MX5 race last week and dropped out of the top 3 in the championship as a result.