Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server replays?
Is there a way to grab a server replay for a race you participated in? I didn't have my replays set large enough to capture a couple incidents I'd like to protest.
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist
I don´t think so, for which race? Maybe someone has the replay and can uploaded it for you.
Maybe you can find the youtube broadcast for that race, although the chances of showing the incidents are probably low.

If you give more info, eg. circuit, car, date; maybe someone will be so nice to upload it for you, as Richard suggests.

One last thing: do you have auto-save replays feature on? I have it on, so my last race is always recorded. That might do it for you.
(12-29-2017, 12:52 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Maybe you can find the youtube broadcast for that race, although the chances of showing the incidents are probably low.

If you give more info, eg. circuit, car, date; maybe someone will be so nice to upload it for you, as Richard suggests.

One last thing: do you have auto-save replays feature on? I have it on, so my last race is always recorded. That might do it for you.

All of my replays are 1 lap, or the portion after the race, I'm not sure what that's about.
You have to up the file size limit beyond the default in order to save races of 20+ minutes in length. This is done in AC's settings. Most 20 minute races are about 350MB for me, so I would guess an hour might be 3x that? I have mine set to maximum size, which is 1000MB. You just need to be sure to clean out the cruft from time to time. Nothing ruins races like a full C drive. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(01-17-2018, 05:33 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You have to up the file size limit beyond the default in order to save races of 20+ minutes in length. This is done in AC's settings. Most 20 minute races are about 350MB for me, so I would guess an hour might be 3x that? I have mine set to maximum size, which is 1000MB. You just need to be sure to clean out the cruft from time to time. Nothing ruins races like a full C drive.

Did you notice something has changed as of 1-14-18 on the replays?...They now have a different file extension (.acreplay) none of my previous replays have that file extension. This is about the same time i noticed i'm having frame drops while racing. I've got everything set to low except replays, which is set to 1000mb and set to auto capture all 3 sessions. I'm wondering if the high memory usage on 1000mb is doing it since they apparently changed the file extension to another type.

(01-17-2018, 01:34 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(01-17-2018, 05:33 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You have to up the file size limit beyond the default in order to save races of 20+ minutes in length. This is done in AC's settings. Most 20 minute races are about 350MB for me, so I would guess an hour might be 3x that? I have mine set to maximum size, which is 1000MB. You just need to be sure to clean out the cruft from time to time. Nothing ruins races like a full C drive.

Did you notice something has changed as of 1-14-18 on the replays?...They now have a different file extension (.acreplay) none of my previous replays have that file extension. This is about the same time i noticed i'm having frame drops while racing. I've got everything set to low except replays, which is set to 1000mb and set to auto capture all 3 sessions. I'm wondering if the high memory usage on 1000mb is doing it since they apparently changed the file extension to another type.

I just figured it out. Started using Content Manager again recently,after a year of having it. It must have changed the replay file extensions.
For hour long races you'll need to drop the quality of the replay settings too otherwise it won't record qualifying or the first few laps of the race, as I found to my own dismay.
Decreasing quality doesn't really look much different when watching the replay.
good to know guys but how low has the quality to be set for recording an 1 hour races? i haven't done one yet and my quality is set to max with 750mb and this last at least for a 20 minute race Smile
Hi, I had issues with 1 hour races as it was missing the first few laps on high quality.  Instead of lowering the quality I raised the file size, beyond the 1Gb max in the UI, by editing the config files, as shown here.

I ended up setting it to 2500MB as I have no problem with memory or drive space, and can easily save a whole 1 hour race on maximum quality.
(01-17-2018, 05:33 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You have to up the file size limit beyond the default in order to save races of 20+ minutes in length. This is done in AC's settings. Most 20 minute races are about 350MB for me, so I would guess an hour might be 3x that? I have mine set to maximum size, which is 1000MB. You just need to be sure to clean out the cruft from time to time. Nothing ruins races like a full C drive. Smile

tyvm Russell!