Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Le Mans track
Sad 
Hi guys, today I raced in GT2 Asia race on Circuit de la Sarthe. I have to say, I love this track, I fell in love with endurance racing, I was live on this years 24h Le Mans, and thats why I always wanted to race at Le Mans in Assetto Corsa. But.. after todays race I feel a little dissapointed from this version of the track for AC.

Visually, it looks good, it feels good, but the penalty system on this track is just awful, I received like 15 cut penalties during the race, most of them when I ran wide a lost the time, or I even went to the gravel - there I received two penalties in a row and I had to slow down for 20s. Then I also received three stupid penalties in a row and I had to slow down for 30s, that never ever happened to me in my AC history. Ok, few penalties were for cuts, but that was like 2 penalties, others were really after losing a time or even going to gravel, I guess that other drivers can confirm this.

Then, a bug shown in the video link below happened. I was going to last chicanes and in the time 01:23:47 I have a good run up to the chicane but suddenly I cant turn, I didnt know why, but after the race I checked the video and it was because it "sucked" me into the pit limiter somehow, because you can see on the right side of the screen as the pit table with presets show up. It started my pit limiter and I couldnt turn + for sure, after that, I received 2 or 3 slow down penalties, pathetic.

Video link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202630527?t=01h23m40s

I really like Le Mans track, this one looks good as well, but I dont know, after the race I was a little sad, because I could finish in the podium without all the penalties. I know, you can learn how to drive through the lap without them, but honestly, most of them are just stupid on this track.

Also, one old thing, but that was always here... on track like Le Mans - long circuit, 1hr race, people are starting to the race without thinking, without brain, during the first lap there was too many incidents as always and after few laps, from a full server of 23 people, only 12 were continuing in the race.... people, think... this is a long race, not a sprint. Dont try to win it in first corners.

And another thing, I dont know if it was set up like that or what, but the results from server 1 from todays race are missing. After the 1st car finished the race, the server went down.
NEVER GIVE UP!
+1

I like this track, but it’s just frustrating to race on with those penalties.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(11-19-2017, 05:46 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Also, one old thing, but that was always here... on track like Le Mans - long circuit, 1hr race, people are starting to the race without thinking, without brain, during the first lap there was too many incidents as always and after few laps, from a full server of 23 people, only 12 were continuing in the race.... people, think... this is a long race, not a sprint. Dont try to win it in first corners.

Just to clarify. I'm pretty sure you are not suggesting that only in 1 hour or more races you should avoid trying to win the race in the first corners, right? I mean... 20 minutes is a "sprint" but it's still long enough that winning it on the first lap is ill advised. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
No, dont worry haha, its for sure global thing
NEVER GIVE UP!