Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
people bailing mid race after cousing a crash
That could be one thing. Other thing could be, like in reality, that you need to finish 90% of the race to be classified. Who leaves before he has got 90%, he should not get any points
NEVER GIVE UP!
(10-11-2017, 11:13 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  That could be one thing. Other thing could be, like in reality, that you need to finish 90% of the race to be classified. Who leaves before he has got 90%, he should not get any points

I think so far you need to take three full laps in order not to be penalized.
Surely you should need to finish the race ( cross the finish line after the leader has finished ) to count as finishing a race. Otherwise it is a DNF and you get no points.

The thing that gets me is that you get more points knocked off for an incident than you gain for gaining a place. I'm getting to the point where I will just sit behind people and wait for them to have an incident to get past them, and even let people through than try and defend my place as if they hit you, you lose out. It makes boring racing but helps your championship score.

The absolute worst is when you try and race clean, other people hit you and at the end someone who did 5 laps and then stops ends up with more points than you.
Well, but, as someone said here before (I dont remember who), championships are just "cock measuring things", more important is the whole road rating system with rating and incidents
NEVER GIVE UP!
(10-11-2017, 11:32 AM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  
(10-11-2017, 11:13 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  That could be one thing. Other thing could be, like in reality, that you need to finish 90% of the race to be classified. Who leaves before he has got 90%, he should not get any points

I think so far you need to take three full laps in order not to be penalized.

Yes you need 3 laps, but only to get points, you definitely get penalized when you leave the race not on the race points but on your driver ranking, and even if you have 0 incident on that race.

Example in this race results here I had a black screen in my Oculus Rift, I managed to stop in the sandbox and without contact to anyone/anything.

I got the 82 points my incident average went down a bit thanks to the 0 incident race, but I've lost something like 2 full points to my driver ranking! And that's a lot, where I stand you need 3 victories without incidents to get 2 points.

I think this penalty system is normal (although when it's an hardware issue it's hard to swallow) this ensures we get servers with proper racing and not people that come and go... and this is why I made this proposal to increase this penalty based on incident levels for people who quits.
---------------------------------------------
Have you checked out my YouTube Channel ? [url=https://www.youtube.com/c/sebastienbrunier]https://www.youtube.com/c/sebastienbrunier[/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/c/sebastienbrunier][/url]
I bailed out yesterday after 7 laps or so. I was involved in too many incidents and gave up Sad
A bit of contact is fine with me, that can happen. But in the DTM race yesterday I spun out like 3 times due to hits in the back. Didnt report anything so I shouldnt complain.

Maybe its the cars or track that incidents are more likely to occur... Smile
For example by missing T1 and go straight while hitting several cars Confused (saw this happen, wasnt me Wink)