Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PorscheGT3 event times
I'm sorry that I bother creator of SRS again but I still can't get it.
Last weekend I run a Porsche GT3 race that had about 1 person from USA (latency about 50 ms) and another 17 people from Europe (about 150 ms latency) at Asia server... I must ask question: Why?
It was at good time, Sunday at 4 pm here and there were only Europeans (and 1 American), so why is it so hard to run more servers at more comfortable time?
I still don't get some servers that run about a midnight when people in my country are used to go to work at 6 am so they get up at about 5 am.
But not to only criticize I like people are still racing and there seems to be more people than before and streams are nice thing as well.
Thrustmaster T300 RS (599XX, F1), Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals (Inverted), Thrustmaster TH8A, BenQ EW2750ZL (@75 Hz), Superlux HMC631
DXRacer PS/COMBO/200
Because SRS is not just for Europeans. Events alternate between series on a EU and USA server.
Even with 150 ping, you can race pretty well on a USA server.

Numbers always go down near the season finale.
Yeah I still don't get where is the problem, when people in EU wants to race at afternoon... like asking for one more race is too much? I think there is enough people who wants to race at not just at night. If every series had one race at afternoon and one at night, both groups of people would be happy but no. This looks like SRS isn't especially for Europeans. And 150+ ms latency is pretty bad when cars around you drives really funny and at that speed this causes a lot of crashes. So yeah, let EU people race at Asia servers full of European. SRS would be much much better if you just allow people race at different time than night every time. This keeps me and many other people back from racing. Yeah I could start race at night instead of sleep when I'm tired like dog... very excited experience.
Thrustmaster T300 RS (599XX, F1), Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals (Inverted), Thrustmaster TH8A, BenQ EW2750ZL (@75 Hz), Superlux HMC631
DXRacer PS/COMBO/200
I mean, the times for Asia, America and Oceania were good, they were made for people who are from there, so they are ok. For Europe, we had GT3 at 22:00CET, but that was like the latest time for most people from central europe, because the race finishes at 23:30, thats about the time to go to sleep for working people... now, as I see in upcoming series, for now, I see there an hour long race for 23:00CET, thats a little late... it will finish at 0:30CET and thats not really good for central european people. Only Portugal and UK got GMT time and I think they can live with start at 21 or 22 CET, its a good time. Now, you barely had some people racing at 22CET last days, maybe because its a little late, I dont know. But you are still just building the new series, I know, I am just saying that it could be too late to start an hour long race at 23CET.
NEVER GIVE UP!
Well I don't know if it's ok when people here are get up to work at like 4 or 5 am, I think getting like 5 hours of sleep isn't good at least it isn't enough for me. And when I see full Asian server of European people I have to ask, why is it like this?

Like what's the reason not to allow people who wants to race earlier to race earlier? And people who wants to race later they can race later. I think there is way how to satisfy both types of people and I don't think it's such problem.
DXRacer PS/COMBO/200
There are other series which are held more times during the day, good for newcomers and also for experienced racers. Then there are events which are held only once per day like GT3s, and then there were events held once a week, some special ones, I think this system is good right now. Sometimes it just needs a little adjustments in times of race starts, but..
NEVER GIVE UP!
I think it keeps some people away... as partially me since I don't like race at late night when I'm too tired and I need to go sleep early. I believe I'm not the only one. But who cares here on SRS. Asian server full of Europeans because of better time... but they still don't see any problem here, yeah why race at the same time with 30 ms latency on Europe server when you can at 150+ ms latency on server in Asia where no Asian raced at the time.
DXRacer PS/COMBO/200